Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Right to Post

It can be seen that the internet and web 2.0 has given anyone with an internet connection a voice in the world. Do most teens understand the full impact of posting content in the web?

How you EVER posted content to the web that put you in a awkward or uncomfortable position?

Do you THINK BEFORE YOU POST?

Is posting material of family and friends like in "David After Dentist" exploitation or irresponsible? Should this dad have posted this video?

23 comments:

Emily said...

i think that most teens have posting stuff without thinking before hand, like a name or a secret. I've done it, other people have done it. Unintentionally or otherwise, I've done it, but I got out of it(I'm not telling how.). And yes, I think before I post. I make mistakes 1% of the time on the internet. i think that putting this on is a violation of 'Davids' rights to being published. He wasn't at his best and should've been asked before putting this on the public. And no, he shouldn't have. At first, it was probably funny, but now it's probably turned into a bad thing because of the comments on the video that is being watched world wide. (I have thought about this before I posted this. ^^)

me said...

i don't think that most teens understand the impact of posting stuff online. if teens new the impact they probably wouldn't do it in the first place. i've never posted something thats affected me in any way and i want it to stay that way. i think that video about the little kid is irresponsible as a parent because that cold put ur son at risk for abduction or any other harmful thing out there.

Steven said...

Most teens do not think before they post but some do. Most of the time that teens do post without thinking it is something that does not matter.I have posted online something that has put me in a awkward position because I stirred up a bunch of anger and that sort of stuff.Most of the time i think before i post though.Posting David after dentist was irresponsible. This Dad should not have posted this video.

Anonymous said...

I personally think that teens do not know the full impact of what they are posting to other people and videos.

Yes I have posted some stuff that made me uncomfortable if other people where to watch it or see it.

I do think before i post, because when i write down my comment I proof read it and think about what it means.

I don't think it was exploitation or irresponsible. I think the dad just wanted to show everyone something that was very funny, and so he could show his son later on in life.

kyle said...

no i do not think that teens know the full impact on what they post on the internet.
yes i think that it would put the poster in an uncomfortable position because they would have to deal with the person in the post.
i do not think before i post because i don't post anything on the internet. it is very irresponsible to post something about someone who doesn't know they are on the internet.

Anonymous said...

No i don't think we know the impact when the post something on the internet.i never posted something on the internet that affected me. i think that it is irresponsible like why would you do that. his dad shouldn't put it on the internet.

Jaina LA9 said...

I do not think that all teens understand the full impact of posting stuff on the web. Some of us, who have been taught that anyone can see stuff on the internet, whether at school or at home will understand, others not so much. Using the internet and posting stuff on the internet comes with responsibility. When you post you should keep in mind that anyone can see it. Posting things you shouldn't have can put you in an uncomfortable situation. For example if you were upset with someone and posted mean things about them or pictures, everyone can see that and you could get in serious trouble with your parents, teachers and sometimes the police. This could also make people upset with you and ruin your reputation, it would be awkward to talk about what you did and would make you uncomfortable at school. I think before I post, the only site I post on is this one and I don't put any personal information online. I think that posting "David After Dentist" was irresponsible and that the dad shouldn't have been posted. It was a funny video but does it really need to be shared with the world? Maybe friends and family that visit just for a laugh but the world?

KayleeR said...

No i don't believe that most teens understand the full impact of posting stuff on the internet. Some things can be very offensive of embarsing for themselves or others that maybe be involved. No i have not posted anything that would put me in an uncomfortable situation i am aware that you have to be very aware of what you are posting because it can stay around for a very long time. It is exploition and irresponsible because people may not want that image/ video of themselves on public display they might become very offended.

Anonymous said...

I think that most teens don't understand the full impact of posting content on the internet because there are more and more cases of expliotation of teens everyday. I think i have posted something on the internet that has put me in an awkward position but so has most people with an internet connection. you can get of posting irresponsible posts but it isn't always that easy. I usually think before i post but there has been a few insidents where i posted something i shouldnt have. I think that the original version of David after the dentist was not expliotation or irresponsible but the person that took this video and chaged/remixed it is the irresponsible one. i think that the dad should have posted this video on a website that would limit its viewings to certain people.

Paige said...

No, i do not think that teens all around the world understand the full impact of posting their information on the web. I think that a majority of teens have, yes, posted. I personally have not posted anything personal on the web. But When I do post, i do think before i put it on the web. In the video "David After Dentist" i think that it was wrong for the dad to post the video on the web. People all over the world can see it. The video may be funny at first but really, its not appropieat to post on the web.

brayden said...

I think that i think is even for the amount of teens that think of what post and those who do not. Most people do not think of the effects though.

Not really.

Yes I think before i post i think is this going to make some one feel bad is this going to make me look like an idiot.

i think that it is okay to post videos of other people on the web but only with there permission. Should the dad have posted the video i do not know.

Jasmine said...

i think that some teens understand the impact on posting things on the web.some understand it because when posting things on the web everyone can see it even if u didnt intend for every one to see it because once you post things people have easy access to other peoples sites.once you post something on the web theres no way you can delete it because people can cut and paste them and put it on there sites. i think some teens understand but others dont because they think that only there freinds will be veiwing it bit dont understand others have access to your site even if try to block it will always be there.
f i posted or someone posted something of me or my freinds on the web i would be uncomfortable and awkard because there would be alot of people veiwing it even if i dont know them. i think that posting things on the web about you or your freinds would have to make you uncomfortable and feeel awkward because you are teeling peoples secrets and they dont want you to tell.
i think that i would think before i posted something cause i dont want people to know my identity and my freinds identity and i woildnt want to hurt my freind or my self.
i think posting things of others is irresponsible beause you dont understand that people can steal your identity or try to find you by what you share with others even if you think its funny you will always end up hurting yourself and others around you.

Anonymous said...

no i do not think that people are aware of how careful you have to be with posting stuff on the internet. any info you give about yourself can be searched in one way or another. just because you but blocks on stuff there are still people who can hack into anything if they really wanted to. on the other hand there are people who are very aware of the usage of the internet and know how to protect themselves. not going to lie i should probably be more careful when i am posting stuff and who an read it copy it and what not, but i know if something was to go wrong or get out it would be my fault and i cant blame it on anyone but myself. privileges come with responsibilities if you cant handle them then you should not be given those privileges.

and i think that that video that the dad posted was kinda wrong ... yes it was funny but maybe the whole world should not have access to it just family or a small group .. but thats only my thoughts.

fittzy777 said...

I have never put something on the internet that could be putting me in an uncomfortable spot. I do think before I post most of the time and I never put someone other than me in that situation more so with pictures and videos. I do not think that putting a video like david after dentist is bad it is something that the parent can decide to do and there is nothing about it that will hurt people...

Anonymous said...

I think most of the teens think before they post. I know i think before i post, because i could hurt someones feelings or i could hurt my own. I think that David's dad had the right to put up the video it was his child, but in the long run it was a bad idea because now his child's name and age, and face is on the internet and anyone could use that information.

Anonymous said...

I do not think that teens are often thinking of the result of their actions. Sure there are the few who do think about what might happen but i rely think they do. No i have never posted a blog that put me in an awkward position, i think this is because i just got internet so im still finding new ways to do stuff. I do think before i post cause i know its for school and there is consequences for my actions. I think its exploitation and irresponsible because he is suppose to look after his child. I don't think it was right for his dad to post that video because maybe the son didn't want it up and it shows a personal moment in his life. I would be mad if my parents did that

Anonymous said...

the anonamous one was mine

Anonymous said...

usually people post comments without even considering the outcome of their actions. Often teens only mean for a certain person to receive the information, but often because everyone has access to these posts and sometimes the wrong people hear it.I don't leave posts often so i doubt that i have done it but it is always possible. I think david needs to be aware of the hazards of posting personal information on the internet. David's video of the young fella is totally irresponsible, a grown man should take these things more seriously, the kid is obviously affected by that drug he was given and he is making a joke out of it.

Anonymous said...

i don't think that teens know the impact of posting things on the internet. no one really thinks about what will happen before they post things i've never posted something that i dont want people to see. its stupid when people do like what do they expect? but the thing with the kid after the dentist it should have been postponed till when the guy was older to decide if he wanted the world to see that or not. it shouldnt be on the internet right now unless permission was given when he's eligable for the decision.

Anonymous said...

I don't think teens think about what they are posting and how it will effect them and others. i personally never post pictures of myself but people post pictures of me and some of them are kind of embarrassing but not bad. i don't know what the movie is so i'l leave that part blank.

Anonymous said...

i think that most teens do not realize the impact that the things you put on the web have.if they knew they would never put some of those on there

Anonymous said...

i think that most teens do not realize the impact that the things you put on the web have.if they knew they would never put some of those on there

Anonymous said...

i think that most teens do not realize the impact that the things you put on the web have.if they knew they would never put some of those on there