"it's hard to beat the system, when we're standing at a distance." How are you perpetuating this statement in your own life?
"It's not that we don't care, we just know that the fight ain't fair," refers to the feeling that many of us think we're powerless in society. Do you feel powerless? It what way? What can you do to change that?

21 comments:
We are too young to vote for a leader that's right for us. We also don't have a voice to say what we want , when we want it, and why. i like to have a say sometimes, too! I stand at a distance cause I feel regected by my peers and parents because sometimes my ideas are uncool or stupid.
I do not feel powerless, I have power but I choose not to use It. I feel powerless in that sense because the fighting isn't fair. People who are older than me warp what they say so they can deny me something or give us punishment. And I can't do nuthin' about it. It just leads into more trouble.
You laugh at me cuz Im different,
I laugh at you cuz your all the same
I feel that Im standing at a distance when ever i don't get involved with issues around the world. For example when a charity worker ring my door bell and asks for a donation and i don't have money. I feel bad but in a couple minutes i would forget about it and carry on with what I'm doing. It hard to imagine what is happening when you live in an area were you haven't experience these problems. thats when i feel Im staring from a distance
standing a distance in my own life means that i care but cant do anything to stop it and just watch things be done and don't seem to prevent them as they go by . it also means to me that no one will ever help to prevent anything and just stand in a distance and watch it be done over and over again.i feel powerless in the society cause i don't prevent things and don't stand up for what's right and wrong i just stand by and watch.i can change that by doing what's right and stop hiding and stand up for what i think is right and prevent anything i think is wrong.
I think that it is hard to beat the system because you are too young to stand up for anything. Like most things you have to be a certain age to even participate in. As an example you can only watch elections on T.V. and what not. We are just shadows waiting for something good to happen.
I dont really feel POWERLESS but I feel we dont have that much of a say as other people do. People over 18 years of age have the most say in things. There is really nothing I can do about us waiting for the world to change exept to grow older to have a say in things.
I am perpetuating this statement in my own life in some sense. I just stand back and watch things I'm to young to do much about. For example, who gets elected for Prime Minister, war and poverty. I do somethings that can help those problems such as donating to the food bank and stuff like that but not much. We can also help with violence by stepping in when someones being bullied or treated unfairly or reporting it to someone who can help.
I don't feel completely powerless because we can change somethings but not much.We can do little things around the community to raise awareness about certain things, but when it comes to things in our country and around the world, we cannot do much. For example we cannot vote for who suits us the best because we are to young. Most things your have to be 18 or older to have a say in so we have to wait.
I do believe that in alot of situations people under 18 are powerless. Most of the time WE just sit back and listen to whats happening around us with no say in future desicions. Our word over adults is unfair. To change this we could BECOME INVOLVED in more situations that do listen to us and take our opinions instead of not trying
Waiting_pleveridge_Feb9
-I think that this song is about all the things that are going on all around the world, and that they are waiting for something good to happen in the world with out something going wrong. Sometimes we have to learn that were not always right and we can learn from others thoughts and point of views.
- My impression on the song after watching the music video that is different from my opinion at first is that everyone will have to work hard to make a decision to help the world out with out hurting it.
It means that we don't really have a big say in what is going on around us, Since we aren't legal age we don't get to have a choice in the important issues because they don't think well take things seriously. I do feel powerless to some things.
After listening to the song and hearing the lyrics "its hard to beat the system, when were standing at a distance" I am perpetuating that statement in my life by not really doing anything about war and violence. I sit and watch about Canadian soldiers dyeing in Afghanistan everyday but my community or myself don't even do anything about it.
I do feel a bit powerless in a way that i am not standing up for things that are wrong. i feel that we just don't have as much say in things as other people. People over 18 are allowed to vote and have a lot more say than say a 14 year old or 15 year old. There isn't much i can do but sit and wait until i am older or until things change.
After listening to the song and hearing the lyrics "its hard to beat the system, when were standing at a distance" I am perpetuating that statement in my life by not really doing anything about war and violence. I sit and watch about Canadian soldiers dyeing in Afghanistan everyday but my community or myself don't even do anything about it.
I do feel a bit powerless in a way that i am not standing up for things that are wrong. i feel that we just don't have as much say in things as other people. People over 18 are allowed to vote and have a lot more say than say a 14 year old or 15 year old. There isn't much i can do but sit and wait until i am older or until things change.
question 1 it's hard to beat the system, when we're standing at a distance. I think that the lyrics are saying that we can not solve a problem by standing buy and letting it happen. If we want to stop or change something. We need to do something. Also how am I perpetuating this statement in your own life.
The awnser is that when somthing is going on like a test we will not succeed if we just stand around we have to get up and study
>I think this song means that everyone is waiting for something good to happen and waiting for people to realize that we can figure out things without hurting the world around us. That we don’t always have to be rude and things like that we can put others first sometimes too. Not everything has to be violent, discouraging, or hurtful.
>To me the video means everyone will have to come together to change. But still only you can make a difference. You think they’re going to damage the world more but they’re just spreading awareness.
he is right, we can't just stand on the sidelines of our life and watch everything just fly by. it is hard to beat the system because we are to young to do anything about it. we are to young to do anything important like voting and getting a job that can make a difference. so for the time being we just have to do our part for the world.
after hearing the song i think the it right and you cant beat the system i think that lots of people do the same thing they just sit around and wait for some one else to change so that they dont have to do anything to change, people feel like they cant make a difference if they stand up to try to change things and they are afraid that all that they are going to do is make them selves look like an idiot and they are not brave enough to do anything
when i am on my own and have to do something big i do feel power less i feel like i am going to say something and everyone else is going to laugh or think i am stupid so i normally chicken out and dont do anything but i think the thing people have to realize is that no matter wat you say people are still going to think about wat you said even if they dont agree and the more they may think about it who knows they may end up agreeing and stand up with you
Its hard to beat the system because that we are too young to do anything to beat the system like we cant vote or anything like that kind of stuff.I don't feel powerless but it some things i do but nothing is going to change that way.
For the question with the lyrics "It's not that we don't care, we just know that the fight ain't fair," the question asks do i feel powerless my answer is a little pit in the sense that i am just one person and my vote dose not count. I can not think of anything to change it.
Usually I don’t really feel powerless. Because I know when I get to 18 years old I will have a vote, that I can count on for a good leader to help society become better to all. Which most likely will be much better in the long run. Basically what I would do to change that is maybe make some type of voting thing just for 10-17 years old because it may make a difference in our decisions. So overall... we wait till we are 18 years old.
- After hearing the song and listening to the lyrics "it's hard to beat the system, when we're standing at the distance," I am perpetuating this statement in my own life because I am not putting a huge effort in trying to help out the world and make it a better place. In my perspective the lyrics pretty much saying that we can't make the world a better place by just laying back thinking that everyone else will make a difference. We have to get up on our own two feet and try and help make a good change in the world along with everyone else. We are watching war happen right in front of us on t.v and doing nothing about it. Solders are dying over there and were just sitting back and letting it happen.
I do think that i am a bit powerless in a way, because i don't put a large effort in putting in my say for things. People need to realize that your say in things and trying to help out in something does make a large difference in what the problem is. They don't just forget about what your say is. I think that we can change this by stepping up for ourselves and learn how to speak out loud more often.
What is meant by standing at a distance is we aren't able to change what is happening. We are just sitting around and watching and not taking any initiative to make a difference. We are perpetuate in our lives when we persistently keep letting these things happen. Usually we are afraid to make a change, and thats because there is not enough support from others. If everyone contributes, one day things will be different.
I feel powerless toward society because everyone seems to stand against me sometimes. Another reason i feel powerless in society is i can't always get what i wants, but everyone wants different things and if we all had them everything would be totally crazy. Making a difference in how we feel about ourselves can be achieved by standing up for ourselves or for what we beleive in. We just need to feel strong about what we stand for and we can make a change.
3Surely in my life I can’t change the school system while I am a student because the teachers and principles have a say not the kids. 5When I got the chance I put my opinion out there to change the school, which made me feel better, so I can enjoy it better.2Around the house it is the same because when my parents make decisions I do not get a say. So when they ask me I try to make my opinion count to get my way. 6My opinion is only mine. 1 I will always have my opinion and no one can take it from me. 4Moving forward in life I will recall what I thought and how I can use it in "changing the system". In my life I am waiting until I have a say to do something.
4Talking about the past I recall have surely felt powerless. 1I feel powerless when people make decisions around me that affect me but I do not get a say. 3Surely I can argue and that but because that only sometimes works. 5When I do do something I talk to the person before the decision to get my point across, while I do this I make sure they know why I am arguing by giving a valid reason. 2Around the time the people who make the decision announce it to me, I will argue my point. 6Sometimes I am powerless.
By Steven Dunnill
It's hard for us to beat the system when we are not old enough to vote. If we were, we could try to change some things or vote for a better leader that will help out with out needs instead of giving us empty promises. Also we don't have much say with out elders because they think we are to young or stupid to try to change the world.
we own have enough power to change the world. it's just that most of us think we don't have any power to change the world. i think this cause our elders are always saying that we are to young to have any say or power, and sometimes when we have a good idea our peers either laugh at us or make us feel stupid cause they don't like the idea.
Post a Comment