Read the following blogpost. Would you spend a night in the bus where Chris MccCandless died?
Why or why not?
What is your opinion of the author of the blog? Should he or shouldn't he have camped there? Is it morbid? After reading his post and looking at his photos, what do you think was the motivation for he and his group travelling there?
After posting your response, use this LINK, read the poll question and then vote.
I would not spend a night in the busbecause it should be off limits in respect of Chris Mcandless "Alex". My opinion of the author of the blog is a selfish jerk. He should not have stayed in the bus or even went in the bus. i think his motivation was to beat the odds and complete the challenge thingy that he had entered.
I would not spend a night in that Magic Bus because a person died in that Magic Bus because Chris A.K.A Alex I think that because he died in the bus would have wanted it to be left the way it was in his memory. Plus sleeping in an old Bus that was used a long time ago would not be that fun.
I think that the author of the blog had good intentions but in the long run might have disrespected Chris his family and friends by putting up the pictures he did. Magic Bus is what they call the Bus on the blog. http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11304827
I would not spend the night in that bus because it is not respectful and it would be freaky as hell. I think that the author of the blog is stupid he should've just leaved the bus alone or even go near the bus. What i think of his motivation is that he wanted to beat the odds and all that stuff
I would absolutly not! It's a memoerial site where he died and it looks really creepy. I'm not a big believer in ghosts but...
I think that Ed is a mccandless fanatic. He like goes there just to see the site and look at the trail. I think that the motivation was just sight seeing, and looking at the 'trophies' left behind.
I would never spend a night in the Magic Bus. It seems wrong to me. Chris died there and I think it is disrespectful to go in the bus like that. I think that it should be treated like a memorial and closed off. People should still be able to go see it but not stay in it like a cabin. I think the motivation of travelling there was to see if they could do it and to see what Chris saw in that place.
I actually would stay in the bus. I think it would be a cool experience. I don't think its disrepectful or mobid. My opinion of the author is that he is a defnite outdoorsy person and likes to see history. His motivation was to practice for that winter thingy and to see a piece of history where a man had made a home there and died to become a hero as such.
I would not have slept in that bus, I think it should be a place a for us to remeber Chris/ Alex. I believe the ma wanted to us alex's outlook on life and take a look around the environment around him,
I think that i was in the same type of situation that Chris Mccandless was in, otherwise i probably wouldn't sleep in the bus. The bus is a memorial site and it would be disrespectful to disturb it.My opinion on the author is that he doesn't share enough respect for Chris. Staying in the bus was a sign that he doesn't take the death of Chris Mccandless seriously. I think his motovation to sleep min the bus was that he wanted to understand the experience that Chris went through.
i feel i would spend a night in the bus that chris died in.THe bus in differnt then a house to me. people die in houses all the time and people move in. Also the last bit knowen about Chris made me feel like i know how he would feel about the bus. Chris seemed to me like a person who would choose to have been forgoten and not choose to effect people after him
the author of this blog should not have staded in the bus. he should not of camped there. his only intrest was the fact that chris died in it and was making publisity off of it
i would not stay in THAT same bus to me that is a off limit thing. they should be respected and rest in peace. its their memoerial site and yes it does seem intresting to be able to stay over night in it but it would just seem dis respectful to chris " alex". i think the site can be a tour spot but no one should be allowed to stay over night in it. the author to me came of kind of selfish but that was just his veiws and everyone is allowed an opinion.
I would totally spend a night in the bus. Even though 'Alex' died in it i'm sure he would have wanted people to experience what he did. I think the author had the right to camp there like why not ? But i think his motavation for his trip out to the magic bus was to go through the same experience.
I would deffinityly say a night in the bus! Yes, it is a memorial sight for Alex but i think that it would be a good way to see what he went through by staying in the bus for one night. I think that it was a good thing that the author camped there because he actually got to experience what Alex did, and it probably gave him a good idea of what Alex might have done while he was there.
I would stay in the bus because it would be interesting and a scary expierience, therefore many stories you could tell people about you night in the bus. but i think i would have to read the book before i did sleep in it. People die everywhere. all those hotels you have slept in people could have died in that exact place. if you think sleeping somewhere this guy died is disrespectful then it is disrespectful to sleep anywhere. You never know where people could have died. This place u just know about.
i would not spend a night in the bus just because of like ghosts and stuff :P. I would have to have a friend or a couple friends with me. i think his motovation was to go through the same expirence that "Alex" went through.
Niiiiccee... Really in depth in answering ALL of the question. I'm in total agreement with you. I wouldn't either. Great job for putting his name from the book in there too. Nice examples.
i would not spend a night in the bus because it is disrespectful to Chris Mcandless. The author of the blog is like a autobiographer, but he shouldn't have written a blog about it. that was selfish.
@tsheppard You made a really good point by saying that people die everywhere. I disagree with you saying that is is disrepectful to sleep anywhere because people die everywhere because i would treat the magic bus as a memorial not a hotel and a memorial should be respected/left alone.
Staying for one night in that us i think wouldn't be like what Chris went through. Chris had nothing, no food or anything he aws cold and hungry, whereas if you were to stay there for a night you wouldnt really get the same experience you would bring food and water and enough clothes to stay warm and you know that you can go home in he next few ays and be warm. But I like how you said that he stayed there for the experience.
@tsheppard i disagree with you but i understand where u are coming from that it would be interesting and have some good stories but i find that it would be disrespectful. but if that is how u feel that is your right
You have a good point. I understand people wouldn't want to stay in a place where somebody died but the memorial thing bugs me. The people who stayed in it didn't vandalize it or anything and if the family didn't want people in there they would close it off.
I would spend the night in the bus. Not in disrespect but to see how he must have felt so alone. I would stay there to fell the adventure. I want to live the lonely survival experience. People die every were if so we can not go any were because it would be disrespectful.
@ morgan j ............ it would be so funny if you stayed there by yourself.... i dont think it would go to well... but maybe it would be sweet to stay in it. i would be scared out of my mind!!
@ Rylee I think that you had some good ideas and also your opinion and also you could be right we don't know for sure if he would have wanted us to stay there but we don't know if he would have wanted us to there either good work
I think that dallen's comment is partly true, like yes it is a memorial site but I still think that it would be fun to stay in the bus and see how he lived!
@tfarris i feel don't think you are being in sensitive to Chris him self. the man went out well prepared for death and wanted to be forgotten from society. he didn't want to impact people around him. and people die every where. we don't stop the world around where they died. plus most people visit out of respect.
43 comments:
I would not spend a night in the busbecause it should be off limits in respect of Chris Mcandless "Alex".
My opinion of the author of the blog is a selfish jerk. He should not have stayed in the bus or even went in the bus. i think his motivation was to beat the odds and complete the challenge thingy that he had entered.
I would not spend a night in that Magic Bus because a person died in that Magic Bus because Chris A.K.A Alex I think that because he died in the bus would have wanted it to be left the way it was in his memory. Plus sleeping in an old Bus that was used a long time ago would not be that fun.
I think that the author of the blog had good intentions but in the long run might have disrespected Chris his family and friends by putting up the pictures he did. Magic Bus is what they call the Bus on the blog. http://www.panoramio.com/photo/11304827
I would not spend the night in that bus because it is not respectful and it would be freaky as hell.
I think that the author of the blog is stupid he should've just leaved the bus alone or even go near the bus.
What i think of his motivation is that he wanted to beat the odds and all that stuff
I would absolutly not! It's a memoerial site where he died and it looks really creepy. I'm not a big believer in ghosts but...
I think that Ed is a mccandless fanatic. He like goes there just to see the site and look at the trail. I think that the motivation was just sight seeing, and looking at the 'trophies' left behind.
I would never spend a night in the Magic Bus. It seems wrong to me. Chris died there and I think it is disrespectful to go in the bus like that. I think that it should be treated like a memorial and closed off. People should still be able to go see it but not stay in it like a cabin. I think the motivation of travelling there was to see if they could do it and to see what Chris saw in that place.
I actually would stay in the bus. I think it would be a cool experience. I don't think its disrepectful or mobid.
My opinion of the author is that he is a defnite outdoorsy person and likes to see history. His motivation was to practice for that winter thingy and to see a piece of history where a man had made a home there and died to become a hero as such.
I would not have slept in that bus, I think it should be a place a for us to remeber Chris/ Alex.
I believe the ma wanted to us alex's outlook on life and take a look around the environment around him,
I think that i was in the same type of situation that Chris Mccandless was in, otherwise i probably wouldn't sleep in the bus. The bus is a memorial site and it would be disrespectful to disturb it.My opinion on the author is that he doesn't share enough respect for Chris. Staying in the bus was a sign that he doesn't take the death of Chris Mccandless seriously. I think his motovation to sleep min the bus was that he wanted to understand the experience that Chris went through.
i feel i would spend a night in the bus that chris died in.THe bus in differnt then a house to me. people die in houses all the time and people move in. Also the last bit knowen about Chris made me feel like i know how he would feel about the bus. Chris seemed to me like a person who would choose to have been forgoten and not choose to effect people after him
the author of this blog should not have staded in the bus. he should not of camped there. his only intrest was the fact that chris died in it and was making publisity off of it
i would not stay in THAT same bus to me that is a off limit thing. they should be respected and rest in peace. its their memoerial site and yes it does seem intresting to be able to stay over night in it but it would just seem dis respectful to chris " alex". i think the site can be a tour spot but no one should be allowed to stay over night in it. the author to me came of kind of selfish but that was just his veiws and everyone is allowed an opinion.
I would totally spend a night in the bus. Even though 'Alex' died in it i'm sure he would have wanted people to experience what he did. I think the author had the right to camp there like why not ? But i think his motavation for his trip out to the magic bus was to go through the same experience.
I would deffinityly say a night in the bus! Yes, it is a memorial sight for Alex but i think that it would be a good way to see what he went through by staying in the bus for one night. I think that it was a good thing that the author camped there because he actually got to experience what Alex did, and it probably gave him a good idea of what Alex might have done while he was there.
I would stay in the bus because it would be interesting and a scary expierience, therefore many stories you could tell people about you night in the bus. but i think i would have to read the book before i did sleep in it. People die everywhere. all those hotels you have slept in people could have died in that exact place. if you think sleeping somewhere this guy died is disrespectful then it is disrespectful to sleep anywhere. You never know where people could have died. This place u just know about.
i would not spend a night in the bus just because of like ghosts and stuff :P. I would have to have a friend or a couple friends with me. i think his motovation was to go through the same expirence that "Alex" went through.
I would only stay in the bus if I needed it to survive. Otherwise I would not to pay respects to Chris. Plus it would be creepy as hell.
The author had good intentions but kind of disrespected christ's family by putting pictures up on the internet.
o would totally stay in the bus it would be so cool but only if i could stay with one or two of my friends lol i would be scared though
no i would not want to spend a night where Chris died. I wouldnt want to because i feel it might be creepy sleeping where so,one has passed.
i would not sleep in the bus because it is very disrespectful and rude. people that would sleep in the bus are rude and pretty stupid if you ask me
@ Steven
Dam boy i think that he is not a jerk. But man you had a very intriguing comment that intrested me.
GOOD JOB BUD!!!
@jfitzy
Niiiiccee... Really in depth in answering ALL of the question. I'm in total agreement with you. I wouldn't either. Great job for putting his name from the book in there too. Nice examples.
@nick
I think your comment should have been a bit deeper and why you think they guy stayed in the bus.
but it was good.
i would not spend a night in the bus because it is disrespectful to Chris Mcandless. The author of the blog is like a autobiographer, but he shouldn't have written a blog about it. that was selfish.
@tsheppard
You made a really good point by saying that people die everywhere. I disagree with you saying that is is disrepectful to sleep anywhere because people die everywhere because i would treat the magic bus as a memorial not a hotel and a memorial should be respected/left alone.
@lance I think your comment is good, I like how we are similar about how it would be creepy and not respectful, and yes the blogger was stupid.
@Emily =D
i agree it would be scary but still it would be so funn and such a good thrill !
@Paige.
Staying for one night in that us i think wouldn't be like what Chris went through. Chris had nothing, no food or anything he aws cold and hungry, whereas if you were to stay there for a night you wouldnt really get the same experience you would bring food and water and enough clothes to stay warm and you know that you can go home in he next few ays and be warm. But I like how you said that he stayed there for the experience.
@ Kaylee
i totally agree with you.
@tsheppard
i disagree with you but i understand where u are coming from that it would be interesting and have some good stories but i find that it would be disrespectful. but if that is how u feel that is your right
@ Jaina
You have a good point. I understand people wouldn't want to stay in a place where somebody died but the memorial thing bugs me. The people who stayed in it didn't vandalize it or anything and if the family didn't want people in there they would close it off.
I would spend the night in the bus. Not in disrespect but to see how he must have felt so alone. I would stay there to fell the adventure. I want to live the lonely survival experience. People die every were if so we can not go any were because it would be disrespectful.
i would stay in the bus just to check out where chris mccCandless died. i dont think that it would be rude or anything .
my opinoin of the other is that he liked to discover things and by doing this he discovered where someone lived and died.
@ morgan j ............ it would be so funny if you stayed there by yourself.... i dont think it would go to well... but maybe it would be sweet to stay in it. i would be scared out of my mind!!
@ Rylee
I think that you had some good ideas and also your opinion and also you could be right we don't know for sure if he would have wanted us to stay there but we don't know if he would have wanted us to there either good work
@ jesse i agree with you because we have the same kind of comment
@ jesse i agree with you because we have the same kind of comment
@ jesse i agree with you because we have the same kind of comment
@ dallen's comment.
I think that dallen's comment is partly true, like yes it is a memorial site but I still think that it would be fun to stay in the bus and see how he lived!
@tfarris
i feel don't think you are being in sensitive to Chris him self. the man went out well prepared for death and wanted to be forgotten from society. he didn't want to impact people around him. and people die every where. we don't stop the world around where they died. plus most people visit out of respect.
@ paige
I think your comment was very wonderful, i agree with your reason why you would stay in the bus because i wonder what it would be like too.
o would totally stay in the bus it would be so cool but only if i could stay with one or two of my friends lol i would be scared though
o would totally stay in the bus it would be so cool but only if i could stay with one or two of my friends lol i would be scared though
asLKJFHAKLSDHFKJALSDHF LAKSHDFKLASLKDJFHKJA
Post a Comment