Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pressure Cooker!

Do you ever feel torn between the expectations of others and your own expectations for yourself? Do teachers expect unfair behaviour from you? When faced with peer, society, or school pressure to conform, how do you react?

18 comments:

Kayla. said...

Yes, i can be torn between the expectations people give me and sometimes it can be hard. Sometimes people even give you a choice to do something stupid or you will loose them as a friend and then you do the stupid thing and get into a lot of trouble..

KayleeR said...

Yes i am torn between what people expect of me and what i expect of myself. They always want you to do what they believe is best for you when its you who decides what is best for you and what you know will help you in the situation. Teachers dont expect unfair behaviour to you mostly all they want you to do is be civil and respectful in your school. Other then that you can be wild and do whatever outside of school.. as long as you dont get caught. When pressured into a situation you always do what you know is right for you. not what is right for the people with you.

Steven said...

I sometimes feel torn between the expectations of others and my one. I wanted to do my best but some people think my best isn't good enough, it also works the same way like when I do do my best and people are happy with how it went but I feel i should have done it better. Some teachers expect unfair behaviors like when you do something good so they expect you to keep getting better or when you do bad and the label you as bad. When I get pressured I usually end up doing what I want and not caving in to peer pressure.

Emily said...

Sometimes...i mean it depends on what I need to do and what they want me to do. Sometimes they have high standards and others it's just a slack job that can just needs to have a slack job done on it.

Teachers expect me to work in groups when i am uncomfortable with the people around me. Im not a people person so why should I have to work in a group when i can get the project or whatever done by myself?

Reacting to pressure for me its lie a volcano...i am a very pressured person at work, working in a high stress work environment such as Mcdonalds....I just go and explode. I rage and when something bad happens when I'm like that i break and cry or scream... but mostly cry. But when someone else is demanding something of me then i do it without much emotions. If they yell at me for no reason like if I did the job then they yell at me for not doing a part of it that I wasn't supposed to do....I yell and cry and MAYBE get violent( ie punching them.) Thats just who i am and how I react.

sammie jo said...

i feel torn a lot between not so much my expectations and other peoples expectations but i get torn between diff peoples expectations of me... if that makes any sense at all. I think sometimes teachers expect me to work with somebody who doesn't do any work and then i end up doing everything because i don't want to get a bad mark. that just makes me mad sometimes.... Anyway, when my peers and society pressure me to change most of the time i could care less, i like to just go with the flow and not really listen to them. the only people i really listen too is my best friends, my brother, and my parents.

kyle said...

no, I'm not torn between the expectations of others and my self. many of the teachers are wanting students to show less childish behavior and more adult-like behavior. teens need to blow off steam between school and home. we need time to do FUN stuff not just homework. you need to do what is right in your perspective not the perspective of the people you are hanging with.

Anonymous said...

I can be torn sometimes by the expectations people give me. Sometimes people tell you to do stupid things and that if you don't do it they wont be your friend and then after you would fell bad and then you would do something stupid.

Jaina LA9 said...

I feel torn between my expectations for myself and expectations of others a lot. This usually happens with my grades. I do think that some teachers have too high of expectations. We aren't adults yet and we shouldn't be expected to behave like them all the time. I'm not saying we should be able to goof off all the time just a balance of fun and focus. When I am faced with peer pressure I usually just do what I know I'm supposed too.

fittzy777 said...

yes some times teachers are unfair to students or have to hight expectations of students or over estimate what we are capable of giving us more then we can handle so we can be torn from our peers so that we can finish the work that has been assigned or just telling us what to do around the school out of class.

Emily D said...

Peoples expectations of me are high, espescially family and teachers. And yes i do feel torn between my own expectations and others. Sometimes when i try and do my best in things teachers and parents think it isnt the best i can do, but i feel that it is. And i try to do beter and work harder to live up to their expectations and most times i cant do it. some teachers expect unfair behaviour like when you do bad on a test and they think that you will do bad on all the tests or you do really well and they think you are a perfect student and when you mess up it is a big deal. With pressure i try to tell myself that i am my own person and what i do is always to the best of my ability, and someimes it doesnt work and i cave into it. But most times i will think things through and make the better decision.

Anonymous said...

Do you ever feel torn between the expectations of others and your own expectations for yourself? Do teachers expect unfair behaviour from you? When faced with peer, society, or school pressure to conform, how do you react?

Yes I have been torn between the expectations of others and my own expectations. I also believe that teachers expect us to be goody 2 shoes, but really we want to have fun and its very hard not to fool around. when I'm faced with pressure i can usually handle it very good, and i just make stuff up on the spot if I have to.

Anonymous said...

i Feel that yes you feel torn between either wanting to do what you feel like rather then do things that will make other people happy. I think that teachers don't expect too much from us but there is a limit to discipline. i don't think that people should be disciplined for like talking and stuff. i react to all this pressure by usually doing what i feel is necessary. But also you can do what ever you want outside of school.

Dallen said...

Yes, under certain circumstances i do believe that adults sometimes expect unfair behavior from us. for example i got in trouble for swearing today, but i was just talking to my friends and not hurting anything so why should it matter so much? kids are rather rambunctious and wild you could say, but adults should realize that not too many kids are perfect little angels.

Anonymous said...

I can be torn sometimes by the expectations people give me. Sometimes people tell you to do stupid things and that if you don't do it they wont be your friend and then after you would fell bad and then you would do something stupid.

Paige said...

Yes, sometimes i do feel torn between the expectation of my own and others. Sometimes when im trying really hard at something and think i tried my best people think that i can still try way harder and its not good enough. Yeah, some teachers do expect more and more of you, like when you act good all the time but then you do something wrong they may say "i expected better comming from you." Usually if i get peer pressured and its bad i wont do it. but somehtimes i do get talked into it.

jasmine said...

yes... i fell torn with expectations others have for me and my own expectations because i know my parents want me to be what they have planned for me but its not what i plan on doing in my life. i know teachers want me to do good in school but i dont think that they expect me to have unfair behavior. when faced with all this pressure it get confused because i dont really know what to do or how to deal with everything.

brayden said...

i do some times feel torn between my expectations of self and peers expectations of me. I do not that teachers treat me unfair but i know i am a procrastinator and i will put things off till the last minute and if one thing goes wrong like internet dies i cant do it. And last but not least i handle stress not good.

cross said...

Yes i do get torn sometimes under the pressure put on me from someones expectations. I hate how u always get the odd friends who wants u to do something stupid for them or loose them. I also hate ones where people expect u to do this but that will hurt that person and that person expects u to do something that will hurt the other person. I absolutely just crack in those positions. another example is when u go on vacation and your teachers give a bunch of homework and expect u to have it done in two days.