Take a moment to read about our mentor teachers from the University of Regina. They will post a short bio here. Take a moment to welcome them to Grand Centre High School and our Mactopia!
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Hellloooooooooo young, fresh minds!
My name is Mrs. Jarowicz, but mostly I go by Mrs. J. I'm super stoked to be jumping on board with your class for this poetry project! I've read some of your previous blogs about poetry, and it sounds like a lot of you have had some very formal, proper and dare I say...boring introductions to poetry in the past. I'm hoping we can all take an amazing adventure into poetry together!
So.. who am I? I'm an Arts Education after-degree student at the Univeristy of Regina. (Yawn) After-degree means I have another degree, I have a BFA in Theatre Performance (in plain English, I studied to be an actor). I also have a diploma in Acting for Film & Television from the Vancouver Film School. In short, I've spent the last ten years of my life working, writing, performing and expressing myself as an actor, writer, director in Vancouver and now Regina. YAY!
I have a long and nerdy relationship with the written and spoken word, but don't mistake me for your run of the mill, moldy English teacher. In my spare time I pick up some dough as a Jazz singer, and I shred the Roller Derby track, playing as a blocker for the Pile O' Bones Derby Club.
In my experience, poetry is a really raw and beautiful way to express yourself. I'm really looking forward to reading about your views, opinions and ideas about poetry.
Hi! My name is Marley Brcic, and you can call me Marley, I still feel a little young for Miss Brcic.
I go to the University of Regina, I'll be going into my third year in the fall and I'm in the elementary program which means I'm learning to teach mainly kindergarten to grade 5 but who knows, one day I could be teaching grade nines!
I'm originally from Regina, but I lived in Alberta for about 7 years in St.Albert, I pass a sign for Cold Lake when I drive home, so it's neat to meet a class from there. Your teacher has even been to St.Albert which I find pretty cool.
I graduated from high school three years ago so it hasn't been that long since I did a poetry unit. I hope to be able to help and contribute to your learning as much as I can. I know for some, it may seem really hard (I know I found it to be at times) but it can also be a really fun medium to study, I'm sure we'll ALL be doing some learning. I'm excited, talk to you soon!
2 comments:
Hellloooooooooo young, fresh minds!
My name is Mrs. Jarowicz, but mostly I go by Mrs. J. I'm super stoked to be jumping on board with your class for this poetry project! I've read some of your previous blogs about poetry, and it sounds like a lot of you have had some very formal, proper and dare I say...boring introductions to poetry in the past. I'm hoping we can all take an amazing adventure into poetry together!
So.. who am I? I'm an Arts Education after-degree student at the Univeristy of Regina. (Yawn) After-degree means I have another degree, I have a BFA in Theatre Performance (in plain English, I studied to be an actor). I also have a diploma in Acting for Film & Television from the Vancouver Film School. In short, I've spent the last ten years of my life working, writing, performing and expressing myself as an actor, writer, director in Vancouver and now Regina. YAY!
I have a long and nerdy relationship with the written and spoken word, but don't mistake me for your run of the mill, moldy English teacher. In my spare time I pick up some dough as a Jazz singer, and I shred the Roller Derby track, playing as a blocker for the Pile O' Bones Derby Club.
In my experience, poetry is a really raw and beautiful way to express yourself. I'm really looking forward to reading about your views, opinions and ideas about poetry.
Hi! My name is Marley Brcic, and you can call me Marley, I still feel a little young for Miss Brcic.
I go to the University of Regina, I'll be going into my third year in the fall and I'm in the elementary program which means I'm learning to teach mainly kindergarten to grade 5 but who knows, one day I could be teaching grade nines!
I'm originally from Regina, but I lived in Alberta for about 7 years in St.Albert, I pass a sign for Cold Lake when I drive home, so it's neat to meet a class from there. Your teacher has even been to St.Albert which I find pretty cool.
I graduated from high school three years ago so it hasn't been that long since I did a poetry unit. I hope to be able to help and contribute to your learning as much as I can. I know for some, it may seem really hard (I know I found it to be at times) but it can also be a really fun medium to study, I'm sure we'll ALL be doing some learning. I'm excited, talk to you soon!
Post a Comment