Check out the introductory videos about HBO's poetry slam competition. What are your impressions of this type of poetry? Would you perform this type of poetry?
it sounds like rap, which, I think, is the new? thing that youth are into. But, it probably would get kids interested into it. It you used this new type of making it, you would have more people using this type. But no, I wouldn't do that because I'm not a rapper nor am I a poet. And I'm too shy.
Check out the introductory videos about HBO's poetry slam competition. What are your impressions of this type of poetry? Would you perform this type of poetry?
My impression that it makes poetry a little more exciting. More people would be interested if they knew how exciting in can turn into. Yeah i would it seems like alot of fun and would be much more exciting then sitting and writing a poem that doesn't really mean alot to you.
My impression on this kind of poetry is that it's a lot more out there than just plain old monotone stuff. It looks pretty unique, but at the same time sounds like it takes after rap. The people have a lot of fun preforming it but it's not exactly something i would want to do.
What are your impressions of this type of poetry? Would you perform this type of poetry? My impressions about this type of peotry is that it is very musical. Using a rapping method in my perspective would help get the poetry rolling. I also think that using this type of poetry would attract more youth into getting involved with peotry. Would i use this type of peoetry? I dont believe i would.
This type if poetry is deep ad full of emotion, and it is very touching. I would perform this poetry because all the emotions you feel and bottle up inside you can let out through Slam Poetry.
My impressions on this type of poetry is that they are mixing a catchy beat to meaningful words. It is old issues spoken in a new package. I do no think i would like to do this type of poetry mainly because i dont think i could stand in front of so many people.
it sounds a little like rap, but that is what people are into. so some people may listen to it now that it sounds like this. more people are probably listening to this because it is more of a rap like what they hear from M&M and 50 cent. i do not think i could do this because i cant rap and i am not a good writer.
My impressions of this type of poetry is that it is a rap form. It's a good way to get interest by kids and students who aren't really into poetry. I don't like rap or singing and stuff like that so i probably wouldn't do it.
What are your impressions of this type of poetry? Would you perform this type of poetry?
My impression of this type of poetry is that it seems the people can say whatever they want and not have to censor it. They say more evil things and offensive things as a regular poem were not to.
I'm not sure if I would personally perform this type of poetry because I think its a bit to serious to be talking like that for a poem.
i think that this is a cool way to perform poetry. i've always seen poetry as a boring kind if righting and never really took interest into it but thisis awesome the way they did this. It puts more energy and i like the way it brings people together. I'd definitely perform this kind of poetry then performing the other kind.
My impression of this type of poetry is that it is more exciting. The way it was presented wasn't in a monotone, boring voice it was more like rapping and I think more people would like it. I don't think I would have the courage to perform like that, or perform at all so I would not perform that type of poetry.
it makes people more interested in it because its kinda like rap. i think it would be alot more easy to do because it seems more fun. i dont think i would use this type of poetry because i'm not into poetry.
I think that slam poetry is very explossive and shows everything you feel about a certain subject. I dont think that i am brave enough to preform this kind of poetry.
My impression on this is that i thought it was cool,and it would get me interested of doing this kind of poem because it would fun to do this stuff and that you can speak about anything you have a problem with and that.
My impression on this is that i thought it was cool,and it would get me interested of doing this kind of poem because it would fun to do this stuff and that you can speak about anything you have a problem with and that.
i think that is a great way or some individuals to represent them selves in a way that is considered unacceptable in other places. one of the hardest things to do is to say how you feel. when these kids are given the opportunity to "let it out' they take it as an chance. i personally i would never choose this form of expression. simply because it is not who i am. i find slam poetry to pushed by the readers.
i think that this poetry is more our time. a lot of us i think would rather listen to this than just have a pen and paper and try and make something that maybe we can get your feelings for expressions out fully believe able to others when you cant even believe and connect to your own work. the other poetry has been around for ages and i think its a time to see others ways to express poetry. would i personally do this? by myself no, i'm to shy, with a group yes.
i think that this poetry is more our time. a lot of us i think would rather listen to this than just have a pen and paper and try and make something that maybe we can get your feelings for expressions out fully believe able to others when you cant even believe and connect to your own work. the other poetry has been around for ages and i think its a time to see others ways to express poetry. would i personally do this? by myself no, i'm to shy, with a group yes.
i think that this poetry is more our time. a lot of us i think would rather listen to this than just have a pen and paper and try and make something that maybe we cant get your feelings or expressions out fully believe able to others when you cant even believe and connect to your own work. the other poetry has been around for ages and i think its a time to see others ways to express poetry. would i personally do this? by myself no, i'm to shy, with a group yes.
I dont like it. it is to wierd and yelling is not the same as singing. i would not use this type f poetry because i do not like yelling unless i am mad or the person is far away.
I dont like it. it is to wierd and yelling is not the same as singing. i would not use this type f poetry because i do not like yelling unless i am mad or the person is far away.
I dont like it. it is to wierd and yelling is not the same as singing. i would not use this type f poetry because i do not like yelling unless i am mad or the person is far away.
Here's what I really like about the idea of slam poetry... It has passion inside it! It gives many young people a chance to find their voice and use it, to express how they feel about their identity and place in the world. The poets on the HBO series reveal a lot about themselves, but I love that they are willing to take that risk.
I really believe poetry has no meaning until you give it meaning. I think it's fine and good to appreciate poetry as it's written on the page, but a poem doesn't really live until it's spoken.
One of the best things that's happening with Brave New Voices is that those kids are finding a reason and a motive to creatively use the English language, in their own words, with their own feelings.
You all have a lot of feelings and opinions, don't you? How do use express them in writing? Do you express them in writing?
25 comments:
it sounds like rap, which, I think, is the new? thing that youth are into. But, it probably would get kids interested into it. It you used this new type of making it, you would have more people using this type. But no, I wouldn't do that because I'm not a rapper nor am I a poet. And I'm too shy.
Check out the introductory videos about HBO's poetry slam competition. What are your impressions of this type of poetry? Would you perform this type of poetry?
My impression that it makes poetry a little more exciting. More people would be interested if they knew how exciting in can turn into. Yeah i would it seems like alot of fun and would be much more exciting then sitting and writing a poem that doesn't really mean alot to you.
My impression on this kind of poetry is that it's a lot more out there than just plain old monotone stuff. It looks pretty unique, but at the same time sounds like it takes after rap. The people have a lot of fun preforming it but it's not exactly something i would want to do.
What are your impressions of this type of poetry? Would you perform this type of poetry?
My impressions about this type of peotry is that it is very musical. Using a rapping method in my perspective would help get the poetry rolling. I also think that using this type of poetry would attract more youth into getting involved with peotry. Would i use this type of peoetry? I dont believe i would.
This type if poetry is deep ad full of emotion, and it is very touching. I would perform this poetry because all the emotions you feel and bottle up inside you can let out through Slam Poetry.
My impressions on this type of poetry is that they are mixing a catchy beat to meaningful words. It is old issues spoken in a new package.
I do no think i would like to do this type of poetry mainly because i dont think i could stand in front of so many people.
it sounds a little like rap, but that is what people are into. so some people may listen to it now that it sounds like this. more people are probably listening to this because it is more of a rap like what they hear from M&M and 50 cent. i do not think i could do this because i cant rap and i am not a good writer.
My impressions of this type of poetry is that it is a rap form. It's a good way to get interest by kids and students who aren't really into poetry. I don't like rap or singing and stuff like that so i probably wouldn't do it.
What are your impressions of this type of poetry? Would you perform this type of poetry?
My impression of this type of poetry is that it seems the people can say whatever they want and not have to censor it. They say more evil things and offensive things as a regular poem were not to.
I'm not sure if I would personally perform this type of poetry because I think its a bit to serious to be talking like that for a poem.
i think that this is a cool way to perform poetry. i've always seen poetry as a boring kind if righting and never really took interest into it but thisis awesome the way they did this. It puts more energy and i like the way it brings people together. I'd definitely perform this kind of poetry then performing the other kind.
My impression of this type of poetry is that it is more exciting. The way it was presented wasn't in a monotone, boring voice it was more like rapping and I think more people would like it. I don't think I would have the courage to perform like that, or perform at all so I would not perform that type of poetry.
it makes people more interested in it because its kinda like rap. i think it would be alot more easy to do because it seems more fun. i dont think i would use this type of poetry because i'm not into poetry.
I think that slam poetry is very explossive and shows everything you feel about a certain subject. I dont think that i am brave enough to preform this kind of poetry.
My impression on this is that i thought it was cool,and it would get me interested of doing this kind of poem because it would fun to do this stuff and that you can speak about anything you have a problem with and that.
My impression on this is that i thought it was cool,and it would get me interested of doing this kind of poem because it would fun to do this stuff and that you can speak about anything you have a problem with and that.
i think that is a great way or some individuals to represent them selves in a way that is considered unacceptable in other places. one of the hardest things to do is to say how you feel. when these kids are given the opportunity to "let it out' they take it as an chance. i personally i would never choose this form of expression. simply because it is not who i am. i find slam poetry to pushed by the readers.
i think that this poetry is more our time. a lot of us i think would rather listen to this than just have a pen and paper and try and make something that maybe we can get your feelings for expressions out fully believe able to others when you cant even believe and connect to your own work. the other poetry has been around for ages and i think its a time to see others ways to express poetry. would i personally do this? by myself no, i'm to shy, with a group yes.
i think that this poetry is more our time. a lot of us i think would rather listen to this than just have a pen and paper and try and make something that maybe we can get your feelings for expressions out fully believe able to others when you cant even believe and connect to your own work. the other poetry has been around for ages and i think its a time to see others ways to express poetry. would i personally do this? by myself no, i'm to shy, with a group yes.
i think that this poetry is more our time. a lot of us i think would rather listen to this than just have a pen and paper and try and make something that maybe we cant get your feelings or expressions out fully believe able to others when you cant even believe and connect to your own work. the other poetry has been around for ages and i think its a time to see others ways to express poetry. would i personally do this? by myself no, i'm to shy, with a group yes.
I dont like it. it is to wierd and yelling is not the same as singing. i would not use this type f poetry because i do not like yelling unless i am mad or the person is far away.
I dont like it. it is to wierd and yelling is not the same as singing. i would not use this type f poetry because i do not like yelling unless i am mad or the person is far away.
I dont like it. it is to wierd and yelling is not the same as singing. i would not use this type f poetry because i do not like yelling unless i am mad or the person is far away.
Here's what I really like about the idea of slam poetry...
It has passion inside it!
It gives many young people a chance to find their voice and use it, to express how they feel about their identity and place in the world. The poets on the HBO series reveal a lot about themselves, but I love that they are willing to take that risk.
I really believe poetry has no meaning until you give it meaning. I think it's fine and good to appreciate poetry as it's written on the page, but a poem doesn't really live until it's spoken.
One of the best things that's happening with Brave New Voices is that those kids are finding a reason and a motive to creatively use the English language, in their own words, with their own feelings.
You all have a lot of feelings and opinions, don't you? How do use express them in writing? Do you express them in writing?
Post a Comment