Things i think they should include is the poem that they are most proud of and their most famous poem. Also they should tell why they wanted to become a poet and what their plans for the future are.
Susan Ioannou (born 1944) is a Canadian poet who lives in Toronto, Ontario. She was previously an English teacher at Bloor Collegiate Institute, for six years during the 1970s.[1] From 1980 to 1989, she served as Associate Editor of Cross-Canada Writers' Quarterly/Magazine, and into the 1990s, led poetry workshops for the Toronto Board of Education, Ryerson University, and University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies.
Motherpoems - 1985 Familiar Faces/Private Grief - 1986 Clarity Between Clouds: Poems of Midlife - 1991 Where the Light Waits - 1996 Read-Aloud Poems - 2001 Coming Home: An Old Love Story - 2004 Balkan Poems - 2005 O Canada - 2005 The Merla Poems - 2006 Catalysts & Catastrophes: Feline Poems - 2007 Looking Through Stone: Poems about the Earth - 2007
Hi, I'm Marley, I'm one of the students from the University of Regina and I will hopefully be commenting on and contributing to your blogs and maybe more for the next while.
Some of the things I think would be useful in creating a profile of a poet might be: -the poet's biography, it might have influenced the themes they wrote about -their most famous works -why are they so famous? -the era and culture they lived in -why you chose that poet
I hope that was kind of what Mr.Nichol was looking for, talk to you soon!
Greetings Pupils! I am Mrs. J, a teacher-in-training from the University of Regina, and I am piggy-backing on your class' poetry project for a few weeks.
With regards to creating a profile of a famous poet...the number one thing I would consider in creating a profile is choosing a poet who speaks to me personally.
After that, consider researching the social and political climate around their work. Biographical materials are good too. Was this poet part of a group of poets, or an artistic movement? The more you know about a poet, the more insight you'll have into inderstanding their work!
28 comments:
Some things that should be included are some of the most famous poems, Their past and what made them get interested in poetry.
Things i think they should include is the poem that they are most proud of and their most famous poem. Also they should tell why they wanted to become a poet and what their plans for the future are.
i am researching William Henry Drummond (1854–1907) Irish-born Canadian poet
Anne-Marie Alonzo
Anne-Marie Alonzo
Anne-Marie Alonzo
I am going to research Alden Nowlan(1933-1983). Born in Nova Scotia
I am researching Laisha Rosnau, grew up in Vernon, British Columbia.
I'm researching Don Mckay, born in Owen Sound, 1942
SUSAN IOANNOU
Susan Ioannou (born 1944) is a Canadian poet who lives in Toronto, Ontario. She was previously an English teacher at Bloor Collegiate Institute, for six years during the 1970s.[1] From 1980 to 1989, she served as Associate Editor of Cross-Canada Writers' Quarterly/Magazine, and into the 1990s, led poetry workshops for the Toronto Board of Education, Ryerson University, and University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies.
Motherpoems - 1985
Familiar Faces/Private Grief - 1986
Clarity Between Clouds: Poems of Midlife - 1991
Where the Light Waits - 1996
Read-Aloud Poems - 2001
Coming Home: An Old Love Story - 2004
Balkan Poems - 2005
O Canada - 2005
The Merla Poems - 2006
Catalysts & Catastrophes: Feline Poems - 2007
Looking Through Stone: Poems about the Earth - 2007
i am doing Gil Adamson
Stephen Cain I AM RESEARCHIN TIS ONE
Sandra Alland
Edna Alford, is who i ma researching
I am researching Edna Alford, editor, author and poet who co-founded the magazine Dandelion
I am researching Roy Miki, he is currently a professor at Simon Fraser University.
I am researching John McCrae. Born in Guelph, Ontario.(1872-1918)
rod anderson
joanne arnett
george woodcock
I'm going to research Anne-Marie Alonzo. To help me get started I'll look at her best poems and see how her life was
my guy is david arneson
Margaret Atwood -actually doing this poet
Hi,
I'm Marley, I'm one of the students from the University of Regina and I will hopefully be commenting on and contributing to your blogs and maybe more for the next while.
Some of the things I think would be useful in creating a profile of a poet might be:
-the poet's biography, it might have influenced the themes they wrote about
-their most famous works
-why are they so famous?
-the era and culture they lived in
-why you chose that poet
I hope that was kind of what Mr.Nichol was looking for, talk to you soon!
i am doing edna alford she is a prize writer
Im changng to margaret avison
I am now doing Gwendoyln Brooks
Greetings Pupils! I am Mrs. J, a teacher-in-training from the University of Regina, and I am piggy-backing on your class' poetry project for a few weeks.
With regards to creating a profile of a famous poet...the number one thing I would consider in creating a profile is choosing a poet who speaks to me personally.
After that, consider researching the social and political climate around their work. Biographical materials are good too. Was this poet part of a group of poets, or an artistic movement? The more you know about a poet, the more insight you'll have into inderstanding their work!
Post a Comment