What is poetry? Talk about what poetry means to you, not what teachers have expected you to say what it means, know what I mean? How has poetry been taught to you in past?
What have been your experiences with poetry in school?
Do you have a favourite poet(s)?
27 comments:
poetry means rhyming songs to me. when i was taught i was taught what the technical parts of poetry were. i dont have any favorite poets.
poetry doesnt mean much to me, i dont really understand some of it, and it is just kind of odd to me so i dont read it, i guess it had a great deal in the older times, in previous l.a classes whn we have learned poetry i could not understand it so its really wierd and stuff,i dont have any favourite poets, unless rappers are considered poets that is..............
im not really into poetry so i dont really no what it is to me poetry has been taught to me in different ways mostly just writing your own poetry and understanding how to read it how many different lines your have and all that my favorite poet is Road to Eldorado by Edgar allan poe
i think poetry is people talking about things. Poetrry doesnt really mean anything to me. poetry has been taught to me befor using songs as a project to see what they mean. I dont know any poets.
To me, poems are just creative ways of writing. I didn't learn about poetry in school until last year, and we just learned about types of poems and rhyme schemes. I didn't like learning about poetry because my teacher didn't like my poems. I don't really know any poets...
I think poetry is a way of explaining what you think about something in a lot of detail and describing words. It is kind of an art to be able to write good poems. Personally i don't like poetry cause it kind of boring... and no i do not have a favorite poet.
I think poetry is a way of expressing yourself and what you see and hear and experience. Poetry has taught be to be an individual and to express myself the way i want when i want. I don't have a lot of experience with poetry but i did piece words together to make poetry. I don't have a favorite poet, i've seen and heard of lots on movies like monks but i don't like poetry that much.
Poetry is something I do not really like. To me, poetry means that I have to read something that i don't understand and that I think is stupid. Poetry hasn't really been taught to me, in grade eight we just read very simple poems and learned how to express ourselves while reading them. I don't have a favorite poet, the only poets I have heard of are Robert Frost and some other guy but I don't remember his name.
Ive never really done anthing with poetry until now...
Really all I know is that some of the words need to rhyme, and that they are used to express feeling about something or someone.
I think that poetry is just another way for someone to express themselves or an idea. Sorta like music. It allows us to understand something in a different, more creative way. In the past, poetry has been taught to me in many different ways. Some of these ways included having the students actually write their own poetry to understand someone else's, and by just having the teacher read it and tell us all about it. I think my favorite experience with poetry in school would be hearing about other people's poetry. Especially the ones where they are interesting, but not difficult to understand. No, I don't have a favorite poet.
The crappy part of poetry is reading it when you dont know how to read other then that its pretty fun to learn about
to me its an expression of your inner feeling. in my past experecies poetry was just a boring class
M'kay...
To me poetry isn't just a stupid subject that students are forced into learning and writing about in ridiculous ways. I think that it really is a great way for someone to express themselves. It's an expression. Through this way of writing many people express how they are feeling, what they are feeling or whatever they want. It has many meanings, man forms, many ways to write it. You cannot go wrong with it. I actually don't mind poetry, I think it's interesting and sometimes fun to write although some teachers make poetry a dreaded doom for their students. I don't really know any poets but do have a favorite poem. Though I don't know the author or title....
To me poetry means nothing i don't enjoy poetry it is to hard to understand. In the past I have had to read poetry and interpret it. In school i have not liked the poetry unit so i don't really have any experiences. I do not have any favorite ports because i only read poetry when i am in school.
I don't know what it means or is and i never had experience with it I think. All i know is that the lines rhyme a lot.
poetry is a little story how somebody feels about something. I think that poetry is boring my expierences are negative because it is so booring
We had to memorize a poem. i have no favorite poets.
poetry to me is something that rhymes and has some kind of flow. kind of like rap. it also has some kind of point.
it doesn't mean much to me. i think it is pretty boring.
poetry in the past was just reading them recognizing certain themes and stuff like that. it never really did anything but make me fall asleep. and it seemed to take forever.
i would have to say doctor sues was my favorite poet.
I think poetry is a way people can express themselves, and let others know how they see things and how the react to situations. In the past we basically dissected the poems and to figure out what each line means. The thing I like the most about poetry is hearing/reading what other people right. Everyone's are unique.
I don't have a favorite poet.
To me poetry is a bunch of lines that rhyme and bores me. I have been taught a little bit about poetry and I don't have a favorite poet.
Poetry is not a very important thing in my life, however like reading, I like it from time to time. I don't exactly have a favorite poet, Shel Silverstein, is one that i know. From where the sidewalk ends, I've had to recite multiple poems, as have some other people in this room! But poetry really doesn't mean very much to me.
i think that poetry is an art of writing that expresses how someone is feeling or even if it is just about little things in life that the poet enjoys. They give subtle hints at what they are trying to say and often have an underlying message that they try to get across.
Past teachers used to give us poems that we would have to memorize. or we would have to learn the definition of like simile and other literary terms.
i dont enjoy learning about poetry because im not very good at finding the hidden meaning so i never understand what they are talking about.
i really like shell silverstein
I think poetry is a way to write or say how you feel. Poems have a lot of emotion and expressions. Poetry doesn't mean too much to me because I don't like writing or listening to poetry very much. poetry has been taught to me mostly in nursery rhymes and a in school. some experiences with writing poetry would be in grade seven when we had to write a poem for art and i found out how hard it is to put your feelings on a piece of paper
-powell- Poetry is a way of song and often doesn't rhyme. Poetry to me is just another form of writing, to me its just a blind form of rythm. the way poetry was taught to me was the teachers just giving me a definition sheet and a few examples. in school i have been able to give pretty good examples, my experiences haven't been bad.
Poetry to me is cool.
It's a way to speak the body mind and soul.
I was never taught Poetry, I sort os learned on my own and through movies and stuff.
My favourite type of Poems are when they are deep and do not rhyme at all.
A form of literary art.
It means a short story that has tons of rhymes.
It was taught to me that it could only be a certain amount of words per line and just had to rhyme. Everything else is fuzzy to me, it just blows passed my head. It's just like my parents saying I have to get my learners in case my brother gets in trouble I can take him to the hospital. I could only do that if he had a drivers license.
My experiences with poetry have been pretty horrible, I've never been able to make a poem that makes sense.
No, I do not have a favorite poet.
Post a Comment