Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Road Not Taken


Copy and paste this link into anotger window.  Then read The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost. 

What is your initial response to the poem? 

Imagine you are asked to find a song that would be the soundtrack to this poem?  What music would you use and why? What qualities of the music convey a similar mood or feeling of the poem? Who is the artist and song name?

Add a link in your post to a sample of the music from somewhere in the web. Insert the URL for us to get to the page. 

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~wldciv/world_civ_reader/world_civ_reader_2/frost_road.html

Use this one

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I thought that the poem was more of a softer and meaningful, possibly a softer type song. this song also reminds me of an older country song...

Unknown said...

i thought that it was an alright written poem.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcNzLzcAUZ8

Unknown said...

my initial response to the poem is that the man is faced with 2 different paths to take. He basically chose his life by going down that one path...if you know what I mean.


I think that the song I would choose would have to be Suzanne, by Leonard Cohen. I chose this song because it is a sad, slow song about someone having to choose between two things, which is what the poem is about. The qualities that the music has are that it has a rhythm appropriate to the type of poem and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swl2bETKqWg

Unknown said...

sorry wrong song guyss

Unknown said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyio5fgQno

thats the right song

Anonymous said...

It was a good poem i think This song is good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcNzLzcAUZ8

Cody two great minds think alike

Unknown said...

I thought this poem was alright. I would use classical music because that seems like it would fit good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ee8F3olCLM

The Wine Makers Apprentice said...

i think that he was happy to be off by himself on the path

the sound track would be I can see clearly now by Bob Marley.

a melo happy song

i think it he is happy to be walking on the paths and in the song he is happy that he can see so he is on his way.

i can see clearly now by Bob Marley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw_q00jyi6s

Unknown said...

my initial response to the poem was that there is a guy who had to different paths in his life to choose from, and he ended up choosing the one that many don't take, the harder one.
I think the song "A place in this world" by Taylor Swift would be a good sound track to this poem because the song is about how she know what to do and that she feels alone and that not many ppl are in her situation which is li doesn't ke the poem because the man doesn't know what path to take, but ends up choosing one that not many people have taken .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szAJG4oOGFE

Anonymous said...

I think the poem was pretty well written, he probably wrote it about a dilema he had to face in life. i think a good Country would go good with this poem.

Anonymous said...

I think the poem was pretty well written, he probably wrote it about a dilema he had to face in life. i think a good Country would go good with this poem.

Unknown said...

I think this poem reminds me of "Tell me why" by Taylor Swift. I think its just the tune that I think would go good with the lyrics.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta3qF_LEEYU

Anonymous said...

Country song

Unknown said...

the second song i posted is the right song, it fits because they are along the same lines.. bye that i mean its the song to that poem

Unknown said...

i think that this is an alright right poem.

i would probably put a slow smooth song

Pearl said...

My initial response at first was that it was very confusing, or I guess you could say that it was very deep. After I reread it it began to register better and I was able to understand/comprehend what it meant easier. I really like this poem actually, though it is kind of confusing it is very well written.
If I had to choose a song that would contrast and go along with this poem I would choose either Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQVeaIHWWck or Gymnopedie by Satie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBiPQKK1upk. I would choose these because they are slower and seem to fit the feel of the poem. The slowness kind of suites it because he is deliberately a decision so they go well together. This goes for both songs.

Becky McMillan said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCSe66pWNmc&feature=related

i think that this would go good because it is soft and the music sounds confused at which way to go. i dunno. the poet is faced with a crossroads in life and doesnt know what to choose, the easy way or the way that is full of adventure.

Unknown said...

i thought that the poem was writen to suit some thing that was happaning in his life i think it is suited to a classical piece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ee8F3olCLM

dakOTA said...

the poem is one the i don't have interest in personally, but i thought it had a good concept and i have a good song to g with it.

Kyle Stevens said...

My initial response was that it was saying that being an individual is important.
i would use Piano music because it makes you feel the same as poems do.
The slowness does.
It is a short called "The Piano"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr64NI33qUo

Alex Loeffelmann said...

This song goes well with the mood of the poem i believe. My response to this poem was a thought o everyday life. We face choices everyday, and which path we chose will effect us for the rest of our lives, as it leads us to new places. Different choices will change us everyday. The song I chose to fit this song was an instrumental piano song. It is very slow and soft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHCI4Z_KYjw

Anonymous said...

The poem was well written and i think a good country song or a song that talks about u having problems in the past would fit perfectly for it.

Mckinley said...

For some reason it reminds me a bit of "The Wizard Of Oz," and the song, "Bat Country," from Avenged Sevenfold." because Dorothy can't make up her mind for which road to take.

The music with lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3OfruW1PnE&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHCGVAf7Fjw
The wizard of oz theme song by:
Harold Arlen (music)
E. Y. Harburg (lyrics)

Anonymous said...

I think that the poem is about a person who has to pick the path of his life and the music that i think suits is would be blues.

Unknown said...

My initial response to this poem is that I can actually understand it. I would use kind of mysterious music but not creepy or anything like that.
My song is call Xianning -Blood New moon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyc-XcgGIFo