Monday, June 15, 2009

1985

There's a song called Nineteen-hundred eighty five, sung by Paul McCartney and Wings, a band from before your guys' time, I think. Your job is to find a song that was released in 1985. Explain why you chose it, how it makes you feel, what the poet/songwriter is saying and if you even like it. I wasn't born until 1988 so I will also do this one. Remember your selection has to be school-appropriate!!

Some suggestions…

-USA for Africa (band)

-Kool and the Gang

-Madonna

-Bryan Adams

-What I am going to do is type in hits of 1985 in a search engine, results will come up!

 

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WLGMC9B6zw
I chose this song because the lyrics are very good and talk about what you shouldnt keep bottled up inside. I like it but its not something i would listen to now because its a little too old school :D

KayleeR said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOA4ixV-3jU

The song i chose is Everybody wants to rule the world. I beieve this song is about every body wanting to be better then another person is. And the song writer wrote this song because he wants everyone to know that everyone is the same way you are. Wanting to be better then one another.

Paige said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n78QafdxU-k
i chose this songe because the lyrics talk about the world and how good it really is. It pretty much talks about love and says that you should appreciate your life and not just throw it away.

Emily D said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE_0ijBgwGA

I chose the song One More Night by Phil Collins because his songs are fun to listen to. I think tis song is about him wanting one more night with the girl he loves. The song writer wrote this song to show that he wants more time with this girl. I would listen to it now, because phil collins songs are amazing :D Lol. my dad listens to him too so i kinda have to. :P

me said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX_FySq9Jks i chose this song because the lyrics describe how you should be good to your self even if your not on vacation. it also hints at the fact to enjoy life. i like the song it was pretty good but not really in to the old stuff.

Jaina LA9 said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eT464L1YRA
Bryan Adams- Heaven
This song is pretty good, and I still hear it sometimes. It talks about how this guy who is remembering when he and his wife were younger. He is talking about how he is still in love with her and how much she means to him.

ryleeee said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9nqCM8Ito8
I chose this song because I have a bunch of go-gos t-shirts & stuff. And plus there a band of girls =)) so they know what they're doing. I like it because it's catchy & its talking about not caring and following your heart which i believe. & yea sure i would listen to it.

Emily said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f06QZCVUHg

I chose this song because I've heard it before when either I was younger or in a musical 2 years ago. Cant remember. D:
It makes me feel like I want to run around and not waste a second of summer (which is soon C: )

They are just talking about what he did for that summer of '69. lawl. And the movie is also a good description
(( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxaKPmuIHYI
::original movie::))

I <3 this song! Its awesome!

[[note:: I chose Summer of '69 from Bryan Adams::]]

brayden said...

we are the world is the song i did the song was the #1 hit in 1985 it had all of these celebrates they all joined together r to write a song about saving the world and the children in africa.
Dan Aykroyd
Harry Belafonte
Lindsey Buckingham
Kim Carnes
Ray Charles
Bob Dylan
Sheila E.
Bob Geldof
Hall and Oates
James Ingram
Jackie Jackson
LaToya Jackson
Marlon Jackson
Michael Jackson
Randy Jackson
Tito Jackson
Al Jarreau
Waylon Jennings
"Pop-Up Video" stated that he left the recording session due to a dispute over the lyrics.
Billy Joel
Cyndi Lauper
Huey Lewis and the News
Kenny Logins
Bette Midler
Willie Nelson
Jeffery Osborne
Steve Perry
The Pointer Sisters
Lionel Richie
Smokey Robinson
Kenny Rogers
Diana Ross
Paul Simon
Bruce Springsteen
Tina Turner
Dionne Warwick
Stevie Wonder
Michael Boddicker - Synthesizers, Programming
Paulinho da Costa - Percussion
Louis Johnson - Bass
Quincy Jones - Producer
Michael Omartian - Keyboards, Producer
Greg Phillinganes - Keyboards
John Robinson - Drums

brayden said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INwB0BWVDnM

Jasmine said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LLaeRUsWr0 i choose this song these dreams by heart. i choose it because it talks about how you have a second life when u dream.

nick said...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-dfK4mwT3Y

i chose this song because i find it to be a cool song and the video was really cool. I think the song is about love and i did like the song.

Teneah said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfZqXLnBYb4&feature=related

i have picked another day in paradise by Phil Collin. i picked it because it just tells a wonderful story about how everyone needs a helping hand once in a while and you cant just make statements and think they are right ... as it says everyone needs to think twice.

Anonymous said...

Party All The Time - Eddie Murphy

I choose this song because he is talking about a girl that was a gold digger i guess and that he really loved her. The song really talks bout love and don't let it bring you down and live your life.

deon said...

i picked a song that i've ways listened to, "Money for Nothing" by dire straits. the song was written by Mark Knopfler about is career with music. about how people called him down for being not "really working" or being a little feminine. although the lyrics a kind of literal, the song can tell you alot about him and the rock star life. he lived life right up. he became crazy rice and famous doing almost nothing and what he loves, "Money for Nothing".