Friday, June 5, 2009

Poet Profile Dan Tysdal

What is unique about Dan's Poetry? Have you ever seen something like this? How would you describe this form of poetry? 

Which poem really stood out for you from his collection in Acts of Barbarity and Vandalism? Why? 


22 comments:

Emily said...

The thing that is really unique about his poetry is that it is made of one poem. Just different words are taken from it. And no, Ive never seen something like this, which is why its unique.

I would describe it as...I dont know...it would have no name for what isn't named means that the style can't be copied.

I think that the inquiry one stood out: III. Inquiry, which is about a king and formula, it didn't make sense which I like. I like reading poems with no forward meanoing. Its confusing and needs to be researched into further.

KayleeR said...

What is unique about Dan's Poetry? Have you ever seen something like this? How would you describe this form of poetry?

Which poem really stood out for you from his collection in Acts of Barbarity and Vandalism? Why?



Something unique about Dan's poetry was the way the words stand out. No i havent seen a peom like this. I would describe this poetry as ...umm powerful?
The poem about degenerliztion (?) stands out to me, because it has to do with what has happened on the world

Sam said...

What is unique about dans poetry is that he is taking other peoples words and twisting them in a way so it shows the message that he wants. No i have never seen anything like this. I would describe this type of poetry as really cool and so unique and it makes you think. The two poems that really stood out for me were Paintings and You. They just struck me for some reason and painted a picture

Emily D said...

His poerty is very unique by him using alot of diction and highlighting certain words in speeches to bring out different meanings. and no i've never seen something like this until today.

This type of poetry is unique and like emily said.. can't be copied.

The one that stood out to me is I. First Remark, of life is blossoming in horror. Poems that are random and confusing are the ones that have the most meaning.

brayden said...

WTF this is so confusing yet so interesting dont know what it is called but my favorite is VII. 0 just because it is so confusing

nick said...

i think dans take on poetry is very creative and way different hen I've ever seen. It is sort of odd but intriguing non the less. My favorite one is named the metro and it is described as a passer byre when he ease drops on a father daughter conversation

cross said...

the only thing i can pull out of his poetry thats unique is the fact that how he rights his poems with weird styles. like the one where its a giant poem but when you fold it in half its a second poem. i also like the ones where there paragraphs and then you read the dark words and it makes a poem. i've never seen anything like these poems. i always thought that when ever you right a poem it was just a rime in a certain order but this is so awesome. looking at the way he does this is really cool and gives me a little bit of an interest on poetry. i hope we try something like this in this unit. i see this form a of poetry a little more exciting then most forms.

Steven said...

He picks out certain words that tell stories and about what the feeling of the poem is. I have never seen anything like this before.This type of poetry is new and entertaining, i think it would be fun to write. My favorite was Homeland. I like it because it talks about our power in ourselves.

Paige said...

What is unique about Dan's Poetry? Have you ever seen something like this? How would you describe this form of poetry?

Which poem really stood out for you from his collection in Acts of Barbarity and Vandalism? Why?

What is unique about Dan's poetry is that when he writes a poem there is also another poem inside of the poem that he has written. I have never seen a poem written like the peomes he writes. I would describe this form of poetry very different from others, like no one has written before. The poem that really stood out for me would have to be the first remarks. I think it stands out because it is different from others.

Anonymous said...

Dans poetry is unique because it's something i have never seen before and there is so little of it. I would describe his poetry as true creativity. My favorite one of his would have to be VII Dial because he takes two completely different topics makes it one and it still has a deep meaning.

Dallen said...

What is unique about Dan's Poetry? Have you ever seen something like this? How would you describe this form of poetry?

Which poem really stood out for you from his collection in Acts of Barbarity and Vandalism? Why?

He takes parts of other people's readings and turns them into poems, he has included some of hitlers doings into some of is poems. I am not very familiar to poetry so this is the first i have heard of this type of poetry. this form of poetry is like its based on previous major events. degenerilization stood out for me because it is built on events that have happened in the world that have had serious effects on it.

morgan j said...

i think that this poem is really unique because the emphasized words that were used again and again in other poems

i think that the one with all the numbers and formulas was cool because it kind makes you think about what he is trying to get across and it just doesn't really make sense so you start to think about what he was thinking about when he wrote it or what was going through his head

morgan j said...

i think that this poem is really unique because the emphasized words that were used again and again in other poems

i think that the one with all the numbers and formulas was cool because it kind makes you think about what he is trying to get across and it just doesn't really make sense so you start to think about what he was thinking about when he wrote it or what was going through his head

Anonymous said...

I think this type of poem is cool becaus eit is made up of older speeches. no i havent seem this type of poetry. i would describe this type of poem to be different.
I think the inquirery one stands out cause it says some of the stuff from the past.

Jaina LA9 said...

I think Dan's poetry was unique in the way that he made the words you were supposed to read stand out. I have never seen anything like it. I would describe it as confusing and interesting. You could try to copy this style but not in the way he does it. I liked the Inquiry(III), it just stood out and made me think, which i liked.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what the name is for this type of poetry, but I have seen it before. The aspect that stands out the most for me is how much he repeats his words.

kyle said...

No I have never seen anything like this but it's a cool type of poetry. it uses other items of literature and he highlights certain words. that is a very unique way of poetry. it would be very hard to copy but thats what makes it unique.

i do not know how i would describe this poetry but it will be cool to try and make a poem like this.

the one that stood out to me was V. Foundation
because he talks about the secrets in art and that is what he is trying to let out.

deon said...

The first thing i notice is the completely different structure. its the first of its kind that i've seen. i personally dot like it but i can appreciate how well thought out it is. I would say that this poetry is a great way to show true meaning of sentences and phrases. the poem that stood out the most was defiantly the one called "metro". its like a script.

Teneah said...

I think that whats unique about Dan's style is it something that you dont see very much. i dont even know what this could be called it powering and would have taken a lot of time and thought. i think that a lot of people would not have the drive to take so much time and really find the deep meaning of what they are trying to say like Dan does in this poetry. having one piece of art and adding another on top is truly creative way to express your self.
i like 1V freedom. i liked it because there was not a lot of words that were bold but the ones that were told the story very well and it is confusing but what poetry is not at one point.

Jesse said...

Dans poetry is very unique and very individual from the way that you can tell that by reading his poem's and the poem that t=stood out to me the most was metro because it is so individual snd from the work Dan has it just stands out the most

Jasmine said...

The thing thats unique about dans poetry is the way the words stand out. No i have never seen anything like this before. I would describe this form of poetry as interesting.
The poem that really stood out to me was You. I liked that poem because i think it stood out and its interesting.

Anonymous said...

The thing that is unique about Dan's poetry is that it is not something you see that much like all the other types of poetry. I have never heard about this poetry before and it is quite interesting. I don't know how to describe this form of poetry because i think it is just messed up. The poem that stood out to me is the first one.