Friday, June 5, 2009

Poet Profile Patrick Swann

What is the name of this type of poetry? Have you seen this type of poetry before? 

What aspects of Patrick's writing appeals to his audience? 

Comment on the delivery of the poems. Would they have the same impact if they were read off a page? What does Patrick do to make the poem come to life? 




23 comments:

brayden said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
niCk :) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have no clue what the name of this form of poetry, I have never heard it before in my life. I have no clue what he is trying to do with the audience. I don't think it would matter if it was read of a page.

Anonymous said...

I do not know what type of poetry this is but I personally thing he is kind of crazy while he says his poem

kyle said...

i do not know what kind of poetry this is and i have never seen it before. in the poem he repeats some of the lines at the end, but it makes it sound good.

brayden said...

i dont know what it is called i have never seen it i think patrick is a little crazy his audience likes crazy. not same if it was just read and his actions and voice bring words to life

KayleeR said...

What is the name of this type of poetry? Have you seen this type of poetry before?

What aspects of Patrick's writing appeals to his audience?

Comment on the delivery of the poems. Would they have the same impact if they were read off a page? What does Patrick do to make the words come to life?

Wow, i have no idea what type this poetry is, I guess you can say you have he reminds me of a comidian. His Sense of humor and how he changes his voice has a n effect On the audience. His poetry would have been completly different if you were to read it on paper because you would take it alot more seriously.

Sam said...

i have no idea what type of poetry that is and yes i have seen it before. the aspects of patrick's writing that appeals to his audience is that it is funny, modern, and expressive..... i guess. The delivery of his poems were entertaining and the tone and speed of his voice change to make it more exciting to watch.

Steven said...

it is poetry slam. yes i ahve seen this poetry before becaasue we watched some in class.His writing appeals to his audience because it is funny but it is meaningful.He delivered the poems with feeling and showed it through his actions.they would not have the same effect if read off a page with a monotone type of talking.He makes the words come to life with actions

Emily said...

FUNNY! I was telling my friend about it, and its really appealing(the reason I told her about it) I think this has no name unless its called,"Patrick Swann style'

The aspects that appeal to his audience is the had movements and the voice fluctuations.

No they wouldn't have the same impact as if they were read off the page, they would be stuffy and boring. Patrick brings the audience in with his movements and voice and just using comedy poems.

Emily D said...

This type of poetry is Slam poetry, yes i have seen it before, i watched a bit on youtube. i think it is an amazing clever way to let out strong feelings of anything from love to hate to happiness or sadness.

No they would not have the same impact if they were just read out from a page, Patrick emphasizes certain words and speeds up and slws down at certain parts to make you want to listen more. He uses his hands. as well.

The aspect of him wanting a girl he cant have is interesting, and wat he will do for her. and the monkey one is how we will 'die' working, and not living life pretty much.

morgan said...

i dont know wat kind of poetry this is and no i dont know if i have heard tis kind of poetry before

the aspects that appeal to the audience are the expressions in his voice and that story that he is telling it is also the comedy in this poem

ryleeee said...

i don't know what it is called but i do think that it was really funny to watch because he expressed his voice really well and it was a lot better than just watching some old man reading a poem off of a page.

Anonymous said...

I think this is slam poetry, but i dont know. I think that the emotion that he puts into his preformances are what the audience want
I think that the poems are very heartfilled and puts alot of effort into them.... and yes i think that they have the same impct if the are read off of paper. he also uses his body languge alot to make his poems even more unique and outstanding

me said...

I'm not what the name of his poetry is. i think it might be narrative poetry but no sure. i've never seen something like that with so much e nthusiasm and energy. the aspects that appeal to the crowd about Patrick's writing is how he wants to make love to her and that he's so enthusiastic about it.

Paige said...

What is the name of this type of poetry? Have you seen this type of poetry before?

What aspects of Patrick's writing appeals to his audience?

Comment on the delivery of the poems. Would they have the same impact if they were read off a page? What does Patrick do to make the words come to life?

I did not catch the name of his poem and no, i have not seen poetry like that before. I think that the aspects of Patrick's writing appeals to his audience because of the humor and the crazyness. The way he tells the poems probably attract the people into liking it. I do not think that the peoms would have the same impact if i were to have read them off paper because you would not get enough of the message that was trying to be sent out. To make the words come to life, Patrick seems to put ALOT of character and personality into them and telling the poem.

Jaina LA9 said...

I don't know what type of poetry this is but i have seen it somewhere. Patrick's writing appeals to me because of the humour and trace of craziness within it. The delivery of the poems was awesome, he made the words come alive and made you picture what he was saying. He did this through the tone/pitch of his voice, the pace, emotion in his voice and his actions. It would not have the same effect if he read it off the page because then he would be focussed on reading rather than making it funny and interesting for the audience and enjoying the poems while he presented them.

Teneah said...

i am not sure what this would be called. i have kinda seen as style like this but not as entertaining. i think he can bring his audience in with the type of humor. we all laugh at the provocative things people say and in there, there is some provocative stuff in there but its funny that's just how your society is. i enjoyed the first one it was funny, but the second one was a tad odd but got his point across.
If i was to read this off a paper it would not interest me as much he is not afraid of what he is doing on the stage he is having fun and getting into it if i just read that i would not know how he was act was it serious?, or sad... etc his enthusiasm is what tied it all together and made it funny and keeps you watching.

deon said...

i think this is just a form of slam poetry. i have seen this type before but never really to this extreme. the most appealing thing is his brutal honesty. no beating round the bush just what it is how it is. his delivery of the poems are just amazing. because its everything he's got every second he's up there on the stage. also, when the poem is done by memory it just adds to performance. his actions just whip those words right in your head and stay there.

nick said...

This was totally creepy. I wasn't sure o be amused of his performance or horrified. The description was so vivid and dark it made it captivating. I think the live video made the poem it showed the emotion read.

Jesse said...

this poetry is very individualistic and I think that Patrick Swann is slightly insane or it seems that way when he reads his poems. I dont know what kind of poeetry this and I have never heard poetry like this ever.

Jasmine said...

I dont no what kind of poetry this is. No i have never seen this type of poetry before i liked this poetry because it was funny and entertaining. the aspects of patricks poetry that appeals to his audience is how he is funny and the audience like that it is funny. I dont think that they would have the same impact if it was read of a page. Patrick makes it come to life by his actions and how he goes till he runs out of breathe.