1. Its evening, and the narrator is by a Woods in the Winter.
2. Narrator= cowboy or farmer. Other= Horse. What about them= they're stopping by the woods on a snowy evening(the title says so), Setting= by the woods in evening time. They stop there to watch the forest fill up.
3. A) 'lovely, dark and deep', 'Easy wind and downy flake'. C) 'the only other sound's the sweep', "And miles to go before I sleep X2'
4. impatient,'he gives harness bells a shake to ask if there is some mistake' slight confusion,'Whose woods there are I think I know'
5. Narrator shifts from human to horse to human
6. The title is still the same, stopping by the woods on a snowy evening.
7. The idea of the poem is like, taking time to contemplate the little things along our path(ex. the woods and the snow)
T-I think it will be about somebody out in the woods in the winter
F- The main character is the narrator, there is a man hen is watching anf and the horse. It was a snowy winter day,at night. he stops in front of a guys house and then leaves.
T- he rhymes and keeps you entertained by being very describtive so you visualize it.
A-He is mysterious and a little worried but happy at the same time.
S- he changes what he is talking about and where he is and what he is feeling / thinking.
T- title makes more sense and has more meaning to the poem once you have read it.
I- He is happy but scared of getting caught. He is also being mysterious and that the other person doesn't even know he is there.
Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village though; He will not see me stopping here To watch his woods fill up with snow. My little horse must think it queer To stop without a farmhouse near Between the woods and frozen lake The darkest evening of the year. He gives his harness bells a shake To ask if there is some mistake. The only other sound's the sweep Of easy wind and downy flake. The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep.
T.F. - T.A.S.T.I. POETRY ANALYSIS by Jim Forrest
Following the process outlined below will allow you to confidently and accurately understand and explain even the most challenging poetry. The best results will come from taking careful and detailed notes for each step, following the order outlined below. Welcome to the wonderful world of poetry.
1. T = Title
Long journey in the midnight 2. F = Facts
a) Who? --- Who is the narrator (speaker) of the poem? Who are the other characters in the poem? What do you know about these people? Evidence? Horse; My little horse, Rider= narrator; My little horse must think it queer To stop without a farmhouse near
In the woods; woods fill up with snow, when winter
What happens; be keeps going evidence= And miles to go before I sleep 3. T = Techniques
easy wind and downy flake, woods fill up with snow
. The woods are lovely, dark and deep
He gives his harness bells a shake To ask if there is some mistake
And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep
4. A = Attitude
I think it sounds like he is nervous because he is lost. The whole poem shows his thoughts. 5. S = Shift
Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village though; He will not see me stopping here To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer To stop without a farmhouse near Between the woods and frozen lake The darkest evening of the year.
sweep Of easy wind and downy flake.
d) setting, action leaves from the forrest towards the village line lengths all roughly the same
h) punctuation (dashes, periods, ellipsis, etc.) uses a ; to list the reasons for not stoping 6. T = Title
Long journey in the midnight; might mean the trek and hardship he goes through 7. I = Idea
The main charector feels confused and lost while he is seardhing for the village. he finds his motivation against the wind and snow to keep going.
T- I'm assuming he is riding or walking or whatever and he stops by forest F- the narrator off this poem is Robert frost himself and the only other character is his horse, it is in a setting of a field on a snowy even and he stops by a forest to stare at it and think T-Rhyme: The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, (a lot of rhyme in this poem) A- really relaxed, no stress S- i don't get this one T- its what i thought it was. The title basically tells what is going to happen I- This poem is just saying maybe you should take a moment to take in the nature and stop and look at your life. He is also saying even though the scenery is beautiful and he would like to stay, there are people and animals counting on him.
T-someone is walking in the snow and stops by the forest
F- the narrator of the poem is the poet himself and his horse, they are going for a ride in the snow and stops by the forest to look at its beauty and think about it, this confuses the horse but the poet realizes the beauty of nature
T- he uses rhyme(The woods are lovely, dark and deep.But I have promises to keep,And miles to go before I sleep)
and lots of descriptions of the setting (Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.)
A- calm, relaxed, happy and thoughtful. (he is noticing the true beauty of nature and is thinking about it)
S- Shifts from the feelings and thoughts of the human to the horse and then back again
T-the title is almost what I thought would happen except the person is riding a horse in the snow, not walking. The title reveals exactly what happens in the poem
I- The poem has a feeling of thoughtfulness and relaxation. It is telling people to be thoughtful about nature and to not get so caught up in where they are going, it is beautiful where they are.
Following the process outlined below will allow you to confidently and accurately understand and explain even the most challenging poetry. The best results will come from taking careful and detailed notes for each step, following the order outlined below. Welcome to the wonderful world of poetry.
1. T = Title
I think the poem means that their is a man or women that lives in the woods and that they went to go get something and then saw something and stop. 2. F = Facts
a) the narrator is the speaker he is talking about some one else but he is telling the story.
b) It is in the forest and it is winter in the dark
c) He walks around the woods with his horse and then he see his trees full with snow and and "miles to go before I sleep".
3. T = Techniques
a) Whose woods these are I think I know His house is in the village though.
b) i don't really know what to say for this question ??
c) He is rhyming like He gives his harness bells a shake To ask if there is some mistake.
d) i really don't think that he is using other sound techniques. 4. A = Attitude
His tone is not like yelling or soft it is just normal. He has no tone for the character. 5. S = Shifts
Identify and explain the significant shifts and changes in the poem. Specifically, look for shifts in:
a) narrative voice, No
b) stanzas, It is one big chunk
c) image patterns, I don't think so?
d) setting, action, No
e) logical organization, Yes
f) verb tenses, yes
g) line lengths, No
h) punctuation, yes 6. T = Title
My assumption was close to what the poem means like he has a horse and lives in the village is what i miss. 7. I = Idea
It has changes my impression about the poems like i thought it would just be a guy that lives in the woods and their is a bunch snow but it was a little bit different then my idea of the poem.
T. The narrator is walking through the woods in the winter and it is snowing F. Narrator is the farmer and there is a horse. They are both stopping by the woods in the enening and it is snowing. The setting is by a forest and they are watching the snow fall into the forest. T. He has alot of ryming going on in the poem so it keeps the flow. eg. He gives his harness bells a shake To ask if there is some mistake A. really really calm S. It goes from being mellow, to up beat? T. The title pretty much explains to you what the poem is about and what to expect in the poem I. I think that the poem is trying to say that instead of worrying and stressing about life you should just take a moment to relax and enjoy the earth and how it is today. And prevent it from turning into something we dont want tomorrow.
12 comments:
1. Its evening, and the narrator is by a Woods in the Winter.
2. Narrator= cowboy or farmer. Other= Horse. What about them= they're stopping by the woods on a snowy evening(the title says so), Setting= by the woods in evening time. They stop there to watch the forest fill up.
3. A) 'lovely, dark and deep', 'Easy wind and downy flake'.
C) 'the only other sound's the sweep', "And miles to go before I sleep X2'
4. impatient,'he gives harness bells a shake to ask if there is some mistake'
slight confusion,'Whose woods there are I think I know'
5. Narrator shifts from human to horse to human
6. The title is still the same, stopping by the woods on a snowy evening.
7. The idea of the poem is like, taking time to contemplate the little things along our path(ex. the woods and the snow)
T-I think it will be about somebody out in the woods in the winter
F- The main character is the narrator, there is a man hen is watching anf and the horse. It was a snowy winter day,at night. he stops in front of a guys house and then leaves.
T- he rhymes and keeps you entertained by being very describtive so you visualize it.
A-He is mysterious and a little worried but happy at the same time.
S- he changes what he is talking about and where he is and what he is feeling / thinking.
T- title makes more sense and has more meaning to the poem once you have read it.
I- He is happy but scared of getting caught. He is also being mysterious and that the other person doesn't even know he is there.
1. Thinking in the woods on a cold snowy evening.
2. where is in the woods, when is in the evening.
3. Person on a horse riding along.
4. impatient
5. from human, horse, to human.
6. Title is still the same.
7. The idea is to keep moving on.
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
T.F. - T.A.S.T.I. POETRY ANALYSIS by Jim Forrest
Following the process outlined below will allow you to confidently and accurately understand and explain even the most challenging poetry. The best results will come from taking careful and detailed notes for each step, following the order outlined below. Welcome to the wonderful world of poetry.
1. T = Title
Long journey in the midnight
2. F = Facts
a) Who? --- Who is the narrator (speaker) of the poem? Who are the other characters in the poem? What do you know about these people? Evidence? Horse; My little horse, Rider= narrator; My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
In the woods; woods fill up with snow, when winter
What happens; be keeps going evidence= And miles to go before I sleep
3. T = Techniques
easy wind and downy flake, woods fill up with snow
. The woods are lovely, dark and deep
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep
4. A = Attitude
I think it sounds like he is nervous because he is lost. The whole poem shows his thoughts.
5. S = Shift
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
d) setting, action leaves from the forrest towards the village line lengths all roughly the same
h) punctuation (dashes, periods, ellipsis, etc.) uses a ; to list the reasons for not stoping
6. T = Title
Long journey in the midnight; might mean the trek and hardship he goes through
7. I = Idea
The main charector feels confused and lost while he is seardhing for the village.
he finds his motivation against the wind and snow to keep going.
T- I'm assuming he is riding or walking or whatever and he stops by forest
F- the narrator off this poem is Robert frost himself and the only other character is his horse, it is in a setting of a field on a snowy even and he stops by a forest to stare at it and think
T-Rhyme: The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep, (a lot of rhyme in this poem)
A- really relaxed, no stress
S- i don't get this one
T- its what i thought it was. The title basically tells what is going to happen
I- This poem is just saying maybe you should take a moment to take in the nature and stop and look at your life. He is also saying even though the scenery is beautiful and he would like to stay, there are people and animals counting on him.
T-someone is walking in the snow and stops by the forest
F- the narrator of the poem is the poet himself and his horse, they are going for a ride in the snow and stops by the forest to look at its beauty and think about it, this confuses the horse but the poet realizes the beauty of nature
T- he uses rhyme(The woods are lovely, dark and deep.But I have promises to keep,And miles to go before I sleep)
and lots of descriptions of the setting (Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.)
A- calm, relaxed, happy and thoughtful. (he is noticing the true beauty of nature and is thinking about it)
S- Shifts from the feelings and thoughts of the human to the horse and then back again
T-the title is almost what I thought would happen except the person is riding a horse in the snow, not walking. The title reveals exactly what happens in the poem
I- The poem has a feeling of thoughtfulness and relaxation. It is telling people to be thoughtful about nature and to not get so caught up in where they are going, it is beautiful where they are.
1)the author is by the woods in the winter
2)a)farmer or horseback rider
b)dark winter night near a lake
c)stopping by the woods on a snowy evening(title)
3)a)"Between the woods and frozen lake", "easy wind and downy flake."
b)none
c)" he gives his harness bells a shake"
4)impatience-"He gives his harness bells a shake to ask if there is some mistake."
confused-"Whose woods these are I think I know."
5)Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
6)still the same
7) the idea is to keep moving because he has miles and miles to go
T.F. - T.A.S.T.I. POETRY ANALYSIS by Jim Forrest
Following the process outlined below will allow you to confidently and accurately understand and explain even the most challenging poetry. The best results will come from taking careful and detailed notes for each step, following the order outlined below. Welcome to the wonderful world of poetry.
1. T = Title
I think the poem means that their is a man or women that lives in the woods and that they went to go get something and then saw something and stop.
2. F = Facts
a) the narrator is the speaker he is talking about some one else but he is telling the story.
b) It is in the forest and it is winter in the dark
c) He walks around the woods with his horse and then he see his trees full with snow and and "miles to go before I sleep".
3. T = Techniques
a) Whose woods these are I think I know His house is in the village though.
b) i don't really know what to say for this question ??
c) He is rhyming like He gives his harness bells a shake To ask if there is some mistake.
d) i really don't think that he is using other sound techniques.
4. A = Attitude
His tone is not like yelling or soft it is just normal. He has no tone for the character.
5. S = Shifts
Identify and explain the significant shifts and changes in the poem. Specifically, look for shifts in:
a) narrative voice, No
b) stanzas, It is one big chunk
c) image patterns, I don't think so?
d) setting, action, No
e) logical organization, Yes
f) verb tenses, yes
g) line lengths, No
h) punctuation, yes
6. T = Title
My assumption was close to what the poem means like he has a horse and lives in the village is what i miss.
7. I = Idea
It has changes my impression about the poems like i thought it would just be a guy that lives in the woods and their is a bunch snow but it was a little bit different then my idea of the poem.
T- i think this poem is going to about something to do with a snowy night.
F- the horse rider is the narator, other is the horse,i know that they are riding in the evening (evidence is in the title)
T- Lots of imagery (for ex. easy wind)
A- in a good mood but frightened at the same time
S- the narorator seems to have a split personality or something
T- the title basically explains what the poem is going to be about, no surprise.
I- there is a moral where even if your in a rut you can get out of it by thinking about all the good stuff.
S-
T. The narrator is walking through the woods in the winter and it is snowing
F. Narrator is the farmer and there is a horse. They are both stopping by the woods in the enening and it is snowing. The setting is by a forest and they are watching the snow fall into the forest.
T. He has alot of ryming going on in the poem so it keeps the flow.
eg. He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake
A. really really calm
S. It goes from being mellow, to up beat?
T. The title pretty much explains to you what the poem is about and what to expect in the poem
I. I think that the poem is trying to say that instead of worrying and stressing about life you should just take a moment to relax and enjoy the earth and how it is today. And prevent it from turning into something we dont want tomorrow.
Post a Comment