Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Technology Use in Society

How does your use of technology affect others positively and negatively? What does being a digital native mean to you? Check what it means in the web and comment about how you are a digital native.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Technology has a positive effect on us because it helps makes life easier and work less time consuming.
It has a negative effect on people because people can post personal information without your knowledge which may harm your safety. A digital natives means that we have grown up in life with things much easier because technology has made us depend on the things being easier.

Mr. Jared Nichol said...

Here is a link to wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_native

Anonymous said...

I think my use of technology affects others positively and negatively because sometimes i can be rude using the internet but mostly I'm nice and get along with people very well, being a digital native to me means that basically i really like to play on computers, I am a digital native because I use it for doing lots of my life things, as in homework, time killing, and sometimes buying stuff of some sites.

Anonymous said...

Technologies have affected me positively and negatively because While I can keep contacts around the world, If I post something on the web, everyone can see it and cause some unwanted effects. More positively, I can talk to my friends and my family whenever and where ever they are. I can browse for anything I want faster and more efficient than before. Negatively, I have to be careful to keep personal information to myself and i have to only go to safe sites.

To be a digital Native means that I have grown up with technologies all my life. Technologies such as web, computers, MP3's, ipods,etc.

Paige said...

My use of technology affects others positively because there are many ways to get socialized and socialize other people in many different ways. It affects people negatively because they may see things that they may not like or approve of. Also it may affect people negatively because using technology does come to a cost. A Digital Native is a person who has grown up with digital technology like, cell phones, computers, ipods and many more. I am a Digital Native because i have grown up all my life around all the new sources of technology.

Anonymous said...

My use of technology affects others negatively because they may post things about me that I do not appreciate or i may use technology in ways they do not appreciate. It affects them positively because we have many more sources of communication. A digital native is someone who grows up with the access and usage of technology. I am a digital native because I have grown up with access and usage of technology.

me said...

Digital native is someone who has grown up with digital technology. For example computers, ipods, internet and mobile phones. technology in our society has a good affect because we can communicate with people all around the world in seconds in many different ways. because of technology we can do things that people before us couldn't even imagine. example space exploration. technology has bad affects to like people becoming fat because we don't have to do as much work. another bad thing is bullying has bean taken to a whole new level called cyber bullying .

Anonymous said...

i think that my use of technology has a positive effect on others because they are able to communicate with me. i have friends around canada and they are able to keep in touch with me even though we no longer see each other every day, for example i have a friend in fox creek and me and her have been best friends since we were born, i have been able to stay in touch with her all of these years and we are a long ways away from each other. i still know everything there is to know about her because we go on facebook almost every night.

Steven said...

My use of technology can affect others if I talk about them badly inline to friends or on blogs. It can also affect others positively if I say something good about them or say they did something good. I am a digital native because I grew up using new technology and it is easier for me then for the older people(50+) to use these new technologies. I use computers and electronics everyday and I am more comfortable using these than using the old school stuff like textbooks. These are why I am a digital native.

Anonymous said...

I have been both positively and negatively affected by technology. Being able to communicate with people through technology and research things for personal and educational use are some of the positive aspects. A way I have been negatively affected was when bad comments and pictures of me were posted on a blog. Also technology can affect people negatively when they become obsessed with it and they do nothing without it. Being a digital native means that I since birth I have been exposed to technology. I am a digital native because I have using technology since I was born such as watching TV.

Jasmine said...

Digital native is a the people who have lived with technology all there life and knows how to use internet and computers and doesn't have a hard time to use technology.It affects others negatively cause they can post information about you and your personal life.

Anonymous said...

Positively, technology has given us ways to talk to each other wherever we are and life is easier in ways. We have to do less manual labour. In that though we have become completely reliant on it and are a lazy generation. With the talking to each other it can be negative because people post unwanted information and pictures on the internet. People tend to take things the wrong way and peoples reputation have been ruined because of people talking through internet and cell phones. A digital native is someone who has grown up with technology. I am one because i know ALOT more than my parents do or ever will. Wow, my post is long....

Anonymous said...

Use of technology has negative and positive effects on others. First, anyone can see what you put on the internet, which is negatively effecting people, and they can move it into any folder or account if you don't set up some sort of security on your accounts. It can effect people positively by letting people connect and communicate in many different ways. This includes cell phones texting and any chat rooms on line. i.e. facebook. To be a digital native means to grow up around technology in any form. i am a digital native because i have grown up around technology including the web, cell phones, and anything digital.

Anonymous said...

My use of technology affects others positively by them allowing to socialize with me. For example I have friends all over Canada and in Australia. Todays technology allows me to communicate with them. It affects others negatively as well. Cell phones could be used to text things about you and to take unwanted pictures. For example a picture could be taken with a cell phone of you that is embarrassing or something you only wanted one person to see, but someone could send it to one person who would send to another and so on.
Being a digital native means to be growing up around technology. Ever since i was born technology has been around, VCR to DVD to BlueRay. Mp3 to ipods and so on.

Anonymous said...

technology positively effect us by making the ways we research simpler and easy to find rather then looking in books. Also it creates a new way to message each other conveniently. It negatively effects us because were able to post stuff that could be hurtful towards others including cyber bulling. The systems are also very vulnerable to viruses making an unsaved work gone for good.

Anonymous said...

my personal use of technology affects others positively when i am able to help others with technology. also it is a good way of communicating with others. my use o technology can have a negative affects as well,say i post a comment on my blog about someone i don't like and everyone reads it, this is one way it can be negative. being a digital native means you have grown up in a world of technology.

kyle said...

technology has positively and negatively effected everyone by making live easier, but in some cases have made it harder to use for people who have not used any of the tech age equipment and are use to the windows.

fittzy777 said...

A Digital native is a way of saying that we have grown up with technology and made us need it in an every day life. A positive thing about the technology is that it makes it easy to go day to day life easier on the users. A negative is that we count on it to much to get us to attached to it.

brayden said...

Technology positively effects my life by letting me socialize over the web and i can have access to vital information at all times i can also watch free videos and learn lots.Gives me email and instant messaging. But technology can also have a negative impact it lets people online bully such as bulling on instant messengers, MSN, Face book, hotmail, ect... people can also post bolds against people and can also post videos. Another bad thing is you can get spam and viruses. Also of course the price. For the second part of the question is I am a digital native because I have grown up with technology such as internet, msn, mp3, ect... and that is about all that i can think of.

Anonymous said...

what digital native to me means that since i was born new technology has been created and put into the curriculum making our age easier. now i use it for watching blogs making cool pictures and seeing what may be useful to me. unlike my parents who didnt have internet during there schooling

Anonymous said...

technology has a positive affect on us is that it makes are life a lot more easy and the negative effect will be that if you are not good at the computer its harder to use technology. digital natives means that growing up with technology such as webs and all that stuff.

Anonymous said...

Technology has a positive affect on us because it is bringing us into our time period( more advanced) we don't live in the stone age so why should be act like it.? some examples the positive affects are less time consuming some people are very fast typers but slow had writers.. it also gives you a choice if you don't prefer to use the advanced technology there is still the old fashion way but do keep in mind that just because you are choosing not to learn about the technology the rest of the world is still advancing.
some negative effect are more people are getting bullied just because it is not in person it still is considered bulling .. with texting for example more things are getting stared and are out of hand. you have to be very carful about what you are saying about your self its so easy to get anyones info
digital native means that we have things much easier because of technology. we depend on things to make your life easier.

Anonymous said...

the individual use of technology can have many benefits. People can use these personal devices for constant communication, personal entertainment, or even just for convenance. I have used a cell phone for a quick and easy way to talk to somebody. technology can also be used negatively at other people. an unwanted photo or video can can be put online for any one to see. A digital naitive is a person who was brought up in an enviroment were they had access and instruction to technology.